PDA

View Full Version : EMH vs. Crowd Calendar in Oct.

DisMissy
04-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I was just wondering, for those who have visited in mid-October, is it best to follow Unofficial Guide's crowd calendar for best park to visit, or do you participate in evening magic hours? And if you do the EMH, are they enjoyable or overly crowded? Thanks for all help :mickey:

faline
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't pay attention to the strategies espoused by others. I go to the park I want to visit for the day. If I find that park gets too crowded for my liking, I go spend some time at my resort and/or hop to another park.

McGoofy
04-01-2010, 11:42 PM
I've never understood how the crowd calendar ends up actually working out because it seems to me that if everybody followed the same plan, then all the same places would be crowded at the same time. I guess there are enough people who don't follow the plan which ends up making it work adequately. At any rate, I think you would be good either way (following the plan or not) in mid October. I have been during this time of the year on many occasions, and the crowds are generally low. It is not hard to get around the parks and to be able to ride the rides that you want. We also love to do evening EMH at that same time of year because after the first hour or so the parks have really cleared out. Mid October is a lovely time to go to WDW.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-02-2010, 07:15 AM
I usually go during the first week of Oct. the only plans I make are dinner reservations/shows. Morning & afternoon I go where ever. Been known to take the first bus that shows up. My advice just have fun :mickey:

Gregandmel
04-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Regardless of whether or not you take advantage of EMH or just plain opening times, get there about 20 minutes before the park opens and you'll be fine for the first several hours. You will be surprised at how much you can get done during that time - and then you'll be surprised at how much busier it gets around 10:30 - 11:00am. Enjoy!! The time of year you are going will be beautiful!!

Kaps
04-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Oct doesn't matter much. Parks are no that crowded. EMH will bring in more guests though.

Septbride2002
04-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't pay to much attention to EMH in October - the crowds are pretty light either way.

~Amanda

Belster
04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I don't pay attention to the strategies espoused by others. I go to the park I want to visit for the day. If I find that park gets too crowded for my liking, I go spend some time at my resort and/or hop to another park.

Same for us. We do our wn method which is to allign the shows, parades and fireworks that we want to see, around our dining reservations. This is really what tells me where I am going on what days.