PDA

View Full Version : What are dole whips?

tinkerbellfan246
04-01-2010, 05:41 PM
I have been hearing a lot about dole whips lately on Intercot and I was just wondering what they are? They must be good because I have noticed a lot of people talking about them! Thanks! :mickey:

caryrae
04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
There is one place near the Swiss Family Treehouse called Aloha Isle in MK and one at a Resort but can't remember which one, Poly I think called Captain Cook’s.

DVC2004
04-01-2010, 05:56 PM
They are pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream. You can also get a Dole Whip Float which is the dole whip in pineapple juice.

snowflakegirl
04-01-2010, 05:57 PM
They're deliciousness! Pineapple soft serve ice cream (they do have other flavors)....and for an even better treat, pineapple soft serve float in dole pineapple juice!! So tasty. :mickey:

caryrae
04-01-2010, 06:01 PM
If ya do a internet search you will see pictures I'm sure.

Disney4us2
04-01-2010, 10:12 PM
They are so yummy. Soft serve pineapple ice cream. I get mine every month at Disneyland. Pineapple is the only flavor there.

Darn, now I want one:mickey:

kakn7294
04-02-2010, 08:33 AM
Dole Whip is a fruit-flavored soft serve ice-cream. It comes in a variety of flavors. At Disney World, they serve the pineapple and orange flavors at Aloha Isle in MK and Captain Cook's at the Poly. It can be eaten either plain or as a float with fruit juice. I prefer the pineapple float with pineapple juice. No matter how you eat it, it's yummy!

AdventurerKim
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I love Dole Whips! You can also get a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu and at the food court at the International Market Place in Waikiki Beach. I got my picture taken with my Dole Whip last summer at the Dole plantation as I'd never seen a Dole Whip outside of Disney.

jonahbear2006
04-02-2010, 01:14 PM
I was skeptical bc I do not like ice cream, however, this snack is heaven in a cup! I love love love pineapple dole whips with pineapple juice! bring me some more of that!

cardshopgirl
04-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Man, now I want one!!! They are awesome!!!:mickey:

caryrae
04-02-2010, 03:17 PM
Maybe they should add Dole whip splits to the menu. You would get a couple of pineapple spears, instead of bananas, with a soft serve flavor on top.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-03-2010, 09:37 PM
Dole Whip is a fruit-flavored soft serve ice-cream. It comes in a variety of flavors. At Disney World, they serve the pineapple and orange flavors at Aloha Isle in MK and Captain Cook's at the Poly. It can be eaten either plain or as a float with fruit juice. I prefer the pineapple float with pineapple juice. No matter how you eat it, it's yummy!

Kathy, I thought they only had pineapple and vanilla at Aloha Isle?
I love to get the swirl of vanilla and pineapple in the float. They are so refreshing!

Darbylew
04-03-2010, 10:09 PM
You can find dole whips at Aloha Isle it is right
after you cross the bridge into Adventure land
on the right in the MK. They are really good so
you must try one. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY! :D

kakn7294
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Kathy, I thought they only had pineapple and vanilla at Aloha Isle?
I love to get the swirl of vanilla and pineapple in the float. They are so refreshing!They do have vanilla and chocolate as well but I know they also have orange with the pineapple. Places outside of WDW have other flavors too. I know it comes in raspberry and strawberry but it's hard to find. I like the pineapple with the pineapple juice myself. Sometimes when I crave one, I buy orange sherbert and mix that with Dole pineapple juice and pretend. It's a pretty good substitution.

04-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Found this on a google search:

Pineapple Dole Whip Recipe

If you've ever been to Disney World then you know exactly what this is and how good they are!
Prep:10m Cook:180m Servings:4

Ingredients
• 2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE crushed pineapple
• 2 tbsp. lemon juice
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Directions
1. Drain pineapple: reserve 2 tbsp. juice. Set aside.
2. Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender. Cover and blend until smooth.
3. Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze 1 1/2 hours or until slushy.
4. Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended in large bowl.
5. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour and serve.

mudpuppysmom
04-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I'm not a big pineapple fan and thought they sounded nasty, however -- I'm now totally hooked on them!!

We were at Disney when I was pregnant with DS#2 and I had a Dole Whip several times each DAY we were there!!! DH joked that I better never have a craving for one once we got home, it would be a heck of a road trip for a food craving!!

EPCOT84
04-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I have been hearing a lot about dole whips lately on Intercot and I was just wondering what they are? They must be good because I have noticed a lot of people talking about them! Thanks! :mickey:

Once you know what a Dole Whip is you know you've arrived !

:welcome::rocks::tikki::lei:

DisneyFr33k
04-04-2010, 04:04 PM
:hide2: Don't shoot me, but we didn't think much of one. We posted here before our last trip and heard so much wonderful praise, we were so excited to try one! Maybe because of that, our expectations were set too high? :sorry:

biodtl
04-05-2010, 08:44 AM
Places outside of WDW have other flavors too. I know it comes in raspberry and strawberry but it's hard to find.
I have found 2 places close to where I live that serve Dole Whip - they alternate flavors - strawberry, raspberry, mango & pineapple. But I only really want the pineapple.

forever a child
04-05-2010, 09:04 AM
Sorry, but unless they do chocolate...I'm not interested. Anyways, it will leave more for the rest of you;)

divinedi
04-05-2010, 09:20 AM
Tried them for the first time our last visit, very yummy!

princess8813
04-05-2010, 11:09 AM
We can have them again in 65 days!! I think dole whips should be deemed as a new food group all it's own!

DizNee143
04-05-2010, 11:41 AM
its just pineapple ice cream..

BigThunderFan
04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I love Dole Whips! You can also get a Dole Whip at the Dole Plantation in Honolulu and at the food court at the International Market Place in Waikiki Beach. I got my picture taken with my Dole Whip last summer at the Dole plantation as I'd never seen a Dole Whip outside of Disney.

Did you get your picture taken with your face in the giant pineapple? That is one of my favorite pics from our honeymoon.

To the original poster: A Dole Whip is a little slice of heaven that is only one snack credit on the DDP :) Darn it, now I want one!

seanyred
04-05-2010, 01:06 PM
its just pineapple ice cream..

nope its much more than that...It always seems you either love dole whip or don't think its much to talk about it. But us folks who love it are a little goofy (pun intended) about it.

Imagineer1981
04-05-2010, 03:35 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm dole whip (homer voice)

Mendelson
04-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Technically, it's not ice cream. But your stomach and taste buds won't know the difference.

I don't know how people can do the pineapple-on-pineapple...that was way too tart for me. Vanilla Dole Whip on pineapple juice, however....mmm, that's perfect.

retiredfigment
04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
We love them. Pineapple ice cream heaven. I have not tried the recipe yet, but plan to soon. thanks for posting it.

biodtl
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Technically, it's not ice cream. But your stomach and taste buds won't know the difference.
I think that's why I like it so much - I never knew exactly what the ingredients were, but it seems less creamy/dairy than ice cream (though not entirely so like sorbet). I like ice cream, but when it's very hot out, I don't find it very refreshing - it seems to make me a little nauseous. But Dole Whip is quite refreshing.

DizNee143
04-08-2010, 01:23 PM
nope its much more than that...It always seems you either love dole whip or don't think its much to talk about it. But us folks who love it are a little goofy (pun intended) about it.

no really thats all it is..actually might be frozen yogurt..although i had its supposingly good to eat for people who are lactose intolarent..but really thats all it is..i dont care if people love it or hate..bottom line its just creamy pineapple flavor stuff...:mickey:

hurdlertwin
04-11-2010, 08:16 PM
It doesn't sound that good, but when I had it it was so delicious!!! Highly recomended!

LudwigVonDrake
04-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Dole Whips are delicious :tasty:

PlutoPlanet
04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
The Dole Whip is our favorite snack in the World.

GenieOfPA
04-16-2010, 06:48 PM
What are dole whips you ask? Well, simply put... AMAZING! now i want one... 72 more days...

mainemajor
04-18-2010, 06:57 PM
They're deliciousness! Pineapple soft serve ice cream (they do have other flavors)....and for an even better treat, pineapple soft serve float in dole pineapple juice!! So tasty. :mickey:

In March I visited MK for 1 day - Give a day of service pass - and my one purchase was a Dole Whip Float. It was on my to do list and I did it. Then I sat down and enjoyed it so much since I don't know when I will be back.

TikiLounger
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
What are Dole Whips? They are very tasty! Yum. I can't wait for one...June!:papple:

finaldynasty
05-17-2010, 07:39 PM
They are the most wonderful creation in the world!

Fastpasssteve
05-18-2010, 02:43 AM
At one point, one could also get this in strawberry flavor in Fantasyland behind the castle. I can't remember which counter service location it was. Not sure if they still serve it.

I do love the Dole whip, though.

PlutoPlanet
05-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I ordered some Dole Whip over the Internet and will make it at home tonight. It won't be the same as having it in MK, but I'm crossing my fingers.

5MemphisTiggers
05-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Sorry, but unless they do chocolate...I'm not interested.

Now THERE'S a tasty thought . . . pineapple Dole whip with chocolate. Oooo . . . . :thumbsup:

We have a chocolate fountain that we pull out for special parties and recently started offering chunks of pineapple for dipping (along with strawberrys and pound cake). I didn't think it sounded too good, but WOW is it ever delicious.

May have to throw some chocolate sauce in the day pack next trip.

SurferStitch
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I had a couple on our last trip because the thought of heavy ice cream in the 93 degree heat made me :sick:. I love chocolate ice cream, but not when it's sweltering hot out.

They are pretty good. I don't LOVE them, but they are a refreshing alternative to ice cream. They are the perfect mix of sweet and tart. DH tried the float... it looked gross after a couple minutes of melting. I didn't care for it.

I don't get the obsession with them, buy hey, to each his own! Like me...I'm obsessed with the Minnie's Bakery cookies! :cloud9:

PlutoPlanet
05-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Making Dole Whip at home from the powder worked out very well. (I'll still have one at MK every year, though.) I used 3 and 1/2 cups of water instead of a full quart. I made sure I used very cold water instead of room temperature water.

Pagan
05-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Nectar of the Gods....

crltkcagle
05-20-2010, 08:22 PM
:DHeavenly goodness is what they are! :thumbsup:

Suzi Q
05-21-2010, 08:41 AM
should be classified as a highly addictive substance! pineapple soft serve over pineapple juice....I had one (sometimes 2!) every day when I was there the first week of May. Delicious!

PlutoPlanet
05-21-2010, 12:09 PM
I was surprised how thirsty one makes me. I may not notice that at MK when I have the pineapple juice with it.

So, I'll just have a glass of water handy.

LorrieP
05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Simply the best!!

ANG
05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
I've never had one. I'll be sure to get one on the next trip!

ShanPooh
05-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Dole Whip Float - w/ half pineapple juice, half Sprite :papple: :D

finaldynasty
06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Only two weeks until I get to say What a Dole Whip!