PDA

View Full Version : We're short 1 point! Can we share?

PinKy
04-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi all,

My MIL is coming to stay with us at WDW. She will be staying at the Grand Floridian for a few nights and then staying with us at Bay Lake. Now we totally understand that she'll only have dining points for the nights that she will be staying at the hotel - not DVC, but with our dining "schedule" (LOL), she'll be short a point. Is there a way for us to share a counter service point with her or would someone check our IDs or something? Its just one point so we didn't think it would be a biggie. Anyone know?

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 05:15 PM
They will know how many are on your ids when you check out to get your counter service, however, You could get one meal together and split it, and then if you are still hungry, you can go to another venue and get another counter service and share again. That is the only way I can think you can do this. But it is just one counter service, right? Or am I misunderstanding? Cause she could pay out of pocket that is not that much money. you are talking about $10.

buzznwoodysmom
04-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I don't think you'll have a problem using an extra CS credit. Never have we been told that we can only use the number of credits we have based on the number of people on our cards, not for CS anyway. We always end up with extra CS credits, every single trip. There have been times the kids couldn't choose out of two items they wanted or DH wanted to try more than one thing (Yak and Yeti) and we had more CS credits left over than we knew we'd use so we ordered 5 or 6 CS meals for our family of 4 and no one ever told us we couldn't. I've also used "left over" CS credits to get my kids an extra meal, like PB&J, for them to have for breakfast the next morning, or a snack later in the day. In all these cases I used more than 4 credits which is the number in our party. I've never even had a CM question it.

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
It really depends on the cast member IF you have an extra person standing there. You probably WONT have a problem if you order two meals and that persons not right there. Some will enforce that your card says this many adults. Others will say i dont care if you order all 40 of your counter services right now. If she tells you what she wants and goes and sits with the kids then no you probably wont have a problem at all.