PDA

View Full Version : Wow it's busy at the parks today

Gregandmel
04-01-2010, 10:10 AM
I just looked at the line wait times via my mobile phone & Hollywood Studios opened at the regular time of 9am and by 10am FP for TSM was GONE! I would hate to be in that line right now. I sure hope by the end of April the crowds have settled down.!!!

PopPhan
04-01-2010, 10:13 AM
This IS Easter weekend, so that is probably adding to the crowds. Many people have tomorrow as a holiday and took today to make a 4-day weekend.

Just a thought.

Strmchsr
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
This IS Easter weekend, so that is probably adding to the crowds.

Yep. This is one of, if not the, busiest weekend of the year. Things will definitely be different by the end of April. The crowds won't be gone, but nothing like this weekend.

#1donaldfan
04-01-2010, 12:04 PM
....it goes into spring break as well, so that's gotta hurt.....well, it's at least our spring break......:thumbsup:

disney1122
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Yep...Spring Break and Easter Weekend...YIKES!?!

Tygger7
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
My DD17 is at WDW right now...been there since March 27th. She was planning to go to DHS today, so I'll get a "live report" from her and let everyone know how the crowds are this afternoon.

Gregandmel
04-01-2010, 12:57 PM
I bet it gets even crazier the next couple of days. Looks like it the major rides that have the crazy wait times with FP already gone....Test track has 140 minute wait etc...but most other "non big ticket rides" are in the 20 to 30 minute time frame. So: Note to self....I won't be going to WDW during Easter...haha. Good thing that most of the parks have extended hours and the weather is pleasant!

Imagineer1981
04-01-2010, 03:15 PM
Spring break and Easter = avoid the parks!!!

CaptSmee
04-01-2010, 11:05 PM
It's very busy there this time of year right now...however, it's not uncommon during slow times for FP's to be gone at TSM by 11 any day. :(

doombuggygal
04-02-2010, 10:50 PM
My husband just asked me the other day why do we always take our daughter out of school to go to WDW, why don't we go while she is on break? This is why! You couldn't pay me to be threre now!

Mousemates
04-02-2010, 11:00 PM
crowds should start winding down after the weekend and easter...hoping for very light crowds a couple weeks later when the wife and kids make it down.

forever a child
04-03-2010, 09:49 AM
My husband just asked me the other day why do we always take our daughter out of school to go to WDW, why don't we go while she is on break? This is why! You couldn't pay me to be threre now!

:ditto:

My DD is part of a home schoo consortium. So we get done weeks earlier than the public schools and I take advantage of the flexibility too! For our May trip we could have arrived a week sooner but I wanted to catch the SWW! Swim meets is our other planning obsticle. But DD will have 2 weeks to recondition after our trip before her next meet!

Joannelet
04-03-2010, 09:56 AM
There are some schools in NJ off this week and next week. I'd expect it to be crazy. I'd be shocked if it wasn't.

BrerGnat
04-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Last week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, MK closed due to capacity (to even resort guests) by 11am...

It was crazy busy the past few days. I'd expect it to get worse this week.

TheMartellFamily
04-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Yup it is busy!

paragon
04-03-2010, 05:52 PM
We are 6 days away from our arrival, I hope it is less crowded by then.
We could only book next week due to work scedules and such, I would have preferred the last week of April. But, any time there is good!
By the way, how is the weather??? We just had our warmest day yet, it hit 82 in NH today!

tundramom
04-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Last week, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, MK closed due to capacity (to even resort guests) by 11am...

I thought if you were a resort guest you could always access a park?

mustBgoofy
04-03-2010, 06:32 PM

We stayed on site and were let in both Tues and Wed around 4p.m. or so with no trouble. They did turn other non-resort people away though.

dnickels
04-03-2010, 06:45 PM
I thought if you were a resort guest you could always access a park?

'a' park yes, but not necessarily the park they want. MK can be at full capacity (turning away resort guests) and those guests would be directed to one of the other 3 parks.

joelkfla
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
No, it was at Phase 3, which admits resort guests and annnual passholders. Phase 4, which admits no one, was not reached.

Genie1953
04-03-2010, 11:42 PM
We are 6 days away from our arrival, I hope it is less crowded by then.
We could only book next week due to work scedules and such, I would have preferred the last week of April. But, any time there is good!
By the way, how is the weather??? We just had our warmest day yet, it hit 82 in NH today!

We will be there in 6 days too (6 days 11 1/2 hours to be exact)....and sure hope it isn't too crowded.