PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Universal Survey

NJGIRL
04-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I am on a Universal panel that takes surveys every once in a while. Today's survey was the usual, in that it ask me what attractions I have been on and the last time I rode them. With the exception of a few things we ride almost everything. After I answered those questions they went into much more detail about our experience on Twister, ET, and Jaws. I thought these were just random attractions I was being ask about. Before I could finish the survey my computer went down and I had to start it up again (power surge). When I finally got back in nothing was saved from what I had already completed (not even my email address)so I filled it out again. Again they went into much more detail about Twister, ET and Jaws so now I'm thinking they are asking everyone about these three attractions.

Maybe I am reading too much into this but maybe they are thinking about changing or getting rid of these attractions. Everytime we have gone to Universal (in the slower season) ET and Jaws have always been packed with longer wait times so I can't see why they would touch those two rides, but it wouldn't be the first time they took down popular attractions. The King Kong ride and Ghostbusters attractions were both very popular and they did away with them. I love Twister the movie so I like the attraction (I know some people hate it) but I do think it needs a little something like a ride vehicle through different interactive scenes.

I guess we will see if I am reading too much into this.

Is anyone else on the panel? If so did you have the same three attractions on your survey?

Mfarquar
04-02-2010, 09:15 AM
I took the survey as well!

I was only asked about Twister and E.T. I have a feeling I was not asked about Jaws because I gave it a better initial rating than the two aforementioned rides.

I have a feeling those attractions are being eyed for upgrades or replacement.

Twister is often shut down during the slower seasons and E.T. is getting a little long in the tooth. I think it's a strong possibility they are looking to replace these rides with more relevant movies. E.T. is a classic (although I've never been a fan), but Twister is from almost 15 years ago and I question whether the younger park guests event recognize it.

I am anxious to see where this goes and found it very interesting you had a similar survey experience!

NJGIRL
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
I actually gave all three good marks. Jaws & ET I cared more about the ride, and Twister I cared more about the movie (I think that's how it was worded). I like all three attractions but wouldn't be too upset if they were replaced especially since all of Universal's newer rides and upgrades have been fantastic! Very interesting that you got the same attractions.