PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about my ADRs?

Julie_Mouse
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
So we leave in 39 days :joy:

We are a group of 8 adults; 2 families, with all children 20+ years. We are on the standard dining plan. As I'm sure some of you know, with the bigger groups, you have to try to accommodate everyone's preferences at least once during the week, so it took us a while to settle on our ADRs, and this is what we came up with:

Sun -dinner Kona Café
Mon - dinner Les Chefs de France
Tues - dinner Le Cellier
Wed - dinner Teppan Edo
Thurs - dinner Mama Melrose
Fri - dinner Whispering Canyon Café
Sat - dinner O'Hana

We are staying in a 2-BR villa (we can make breakfast in the room), and we generally prefer not to use our TS credits for breakfasts, so that's why the ressies are all for dinner. Also (*grumble*) some members of the group expressed a desire to not eat at any buffet restaurants, so we avoided those (hence the lack of character dining, although since we are all adults I'm not too concerned).

I'm a little curious about WCC though - I've done some searching/reading, and I'm just wondering whether this will end up being too loud or obnoxious for some of our group, or whether some people might not find the antics amusing. How "in your face" are the servers?

I wasn't sure what to replace it with, though - was thinking about Nine Dragons (we LOVE Chinese food) or Coral Reef, but then I'm afraid we will feel like we spent our whole week at Epcot! :funny: (We already have 3 meals in WS ;))

Sorry for the long post! Gotta do something to pass the time :mickey:

Seasonscraps
04-01-2010, 06:09 AM
You have a nice line up there!!

The servers at WCC are pretty good at reading guests and will not force guests to participate in the activities - so they are not in your face. BUT I will tell you it is one very loud restaurant. There is a lot of yelling and banging and such. I like the food but I can't take the noise and ask to be seated in the back where it's a little quieter.

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 08:58 AM
We originally had Whispering canyon because we are staying at WL, and I ended up ditching it for Liberty tree tavern because his parents decided to join us (we are now a party of 8 at well ;) ) and I dont think they are going to care for that. It seems like an ok restaurant and gets pretty good reviews but as i reviewed our adrs, just ok isn't really good enough for me. Id really rather have a world showcase dinner or another family style dinner that really gets my goat!
Your adrs look great, I think this is a good, round variety and you will have a great time looking forward to dinner everyday!:mickey:

vicster
04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
We eat at WCC with no kids and we really enjoy it - it's a fun atmosphere.

disney1122
04-01-2010, 12:13 PM
WOW! Excellent choices! Ohana, Wispering Canyon, Kona and Teppen are always part of our dining line-up! Have fun!

Julie_Mouse
04-01-2010, 01:33 PM
I've been checking out some pictures of WCC, and I'm just wondering how much it resembles similar non-Disney restaurants. I'm probably limiting myself to Canadian Intercot-ees here (I can't think of any comparable restaurants in the US? :shrug:) but how would you say WCC compares to a Montana's restaurant? In terms of food, atmosphere (minus the waitstaff who talk back! :laughing:), etc., anything really. Just curious. Maybe for those who have never seen a Montana's, how does it compare to other Western-themed restaurants?

I appreciate anyone's thoughts on the matter :mickey:

Pocahontas
04-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Never been to Montana's resturant, but we do love WCC. I've been there 5 or 6 times and have always felt it was fun and never did I feel like the servers were 'in your face'. The servers are good at reading people and if you joke with them they'll ham it up with you.They play some games with the children that want to participate and it's fun to watch even if you don't have any young ones. As earlier post mentioned, if you ask to sit in the back area it is a lot quieter in that you can't really see what's going on in the main area. We once ate a late meal in the back section of WCC and found it to be just a normal resturant experience.

mrmcgiv
04-04-2010, 10:06 PM
We can only comment on a few...

We liked WCC a lot. Our server was a total DUD though. NO, absolutely NO interaction at all. I was so disappointed. The skillet was good though. We will go back and hope for not such a dud of a server.

We did not like Le Cellier but are probably in the monority here. Our server was like a drill Sarge, my food was cold and neother of us loved out steaks :( Will probably never go back.

The food at O Hana Was awesome! They stuck us way over in the corner by fake trees where you come in...We were right near rhe bathrooms. If they ever tried to sit us there again I would say NO! No fun and too far from action and fun. We will surely go nack though (for dinner)

jenperich
04-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Out of your choices, I have only been to Le Cellier for dinner, and it was GREAT! It is definitely one of my most favorite restaurants in WDW.

I have also been to WCC for breakfast and they were a lot of fun - and I'm 28! Your kids will have a great time I think. The best part was watching all the little kids having so much fun.

Enjoy - you have GREAT choices from what I've heard. :-)

minnie-mouse
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Sounds good. Have a great time.

Fastpasssteve
05-07-2010, 03:13 AM
The Whispering Canyon is a fun-filled restaurant for those going with the expectation that they are there not only to eat, but to loosen up and laugh a little. This may not be the place for people that take themselves too seriously...however, people that take themselves too seriously ARE very funny, themselves.

If you have doubts, perhaps you should consider trying the Garden Grill in The Land Pavillion in EPCOT. I find the restaurant to be a hidden treasure. The food is served family style on a large platter. Most of the food is grown there in The Land Pavillion, so all the veggies and salad are FRESH. The rolls baked on-site served with honey butter are delicious. Sliced steak, Turkey, and Fish along with mashed potatoes, stuffing, mixed vegetables. Your server refills your serving platter at your command fresh from the kitchen. If you only want specific things refilled, they will do so.

Farmer Mickey, Goofy, and Chip & Dale are also present for this romp, so you may have character dining on this trip after all!

Did I mention the entire restaurant slooooooowly rotates during your meal through some of the scenes of the The Land boar ride one can board on the lower level? It might make a nice change of pace. Simple, wholesome food prepared very well!

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2010, 09:18 AM
They all sound good, never been to WCC before though

cer
05-07-2010, 09:29 AM
You have a great line-up there!

VWL Mom
05-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Personally I'm not a fan of WCC at dinner time. Granted our last experience was a long time ago but it was enough to take it off our list even though we stay at WL. Not so much the shenanigans but a waitress that was over the top loud and obnoxious!

Since you are at SSR, did you consider Wolfgang Puck Cafe at DTD? Nice variety (IMHO) for adults.

Pally
05-07-2010, 11:28 AM
To be honest I thought the WCC was just medicore. The food was just okay.

In regards to your group, if food is not important it probably is okay. It is really loud. You must be able to tolerate kids and take joy in there happinest.

As an alternative, try out one of the Disney Hotel restaurants. The Grand Floridian (on dining plan) would be a good choice. There is variety. You may even be able to listen to the piano player and have a relaxing drink afterwards all in the same place. Boat ride from MK is nice and relaxing.:mickey:

tinkgirl07
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Sun -dinner Kona Café Looks good! When I was making my ressies I was debating between Kona and Jiko! Both sounded interesting, but it came down to times for us.
Mon - dinner Les Chefs de France Never tried this, but it looks like a good fit for those who like the finer cuisine
Tues - dinner Le Cellier YUM! If you like meat then you will LOVE this place. I've been here 3 times and enjoyed it every time. You will be VERY full at the end of this dinner!
Wed - dinner Teppan Edo A fun place to go for a show and good food, you won't be disappointed!
Thurs - dinner Mama Melrose Never been :)
Fri - dinner Whispering Canyon Café Also, never been but for my group it never seemed applealing. Sat - dinner O'Hana My 100% favorite restaurant in the universe. Again, if you like meat you won't be dispppointed!!! And the bread is to die for!!

I agree with the poster that suggested Garden Grill, the food was very good and it wasn't buffet (we aren't into buffet either). The character interaction was great! We saw each character 2 times. And it was very cool how you could see the Living with the Land (I think that's what it is called, my memory is not so good right now). It took us about 1hr to eat and in that time we made it about 90% around the roation...so it moves very slow! Good luck I'm sure whatever you choose will be amazing!!