PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana Villas vs. Buena Vista Suites

septembergirl
03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Hello:
We are planning a trip for next month and I need advice on staying offsite. I am considering Sheraton Vistana Villas or Buena Vista Suites. I would appreciate any feedback on either of these places.
I would, of course, prefer to stay onsite but we have a large family (6) and our budget can't bear it this time around!
Thanks!

Pally
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
We stayed at Vistana Villages twice. Once in a one bedroom and once in a two bedroom. We loved both stays. The two bedroom is quite large. It is nice to have your own laundry. The jaccuzi in the masterbedroom it nice. The pool area is very nice. The food court is just so,so, not much variety. There is a Publix grocery store very close. Sea world is not far away either. There is a large mall handy also.

The resort is handy to Disney. I believe it was a left out of the resort then a right and you drive about six miles to Disney. We found it pretty easy to navigate back and forth quickly.:mickey:

Jessietoystory2
04-01-2010, 10:35 PM
We have stayed at the Vistana villas and the vistana villages. The Sheraton Vistana Villages is way better. We have stayed there 4 times, once just last year. We have always booked a two room. They are big and about 800 sq. ft. The rooms are very nice. The pool is amazing. The Vistana Villas is older and is just ok. My kids are all about the pool on vaction. There is even a kiddie pool if you have young children. If you plan on staying off site this is the place to go.

septembergirl
04-02-2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks for your replies! Just to clarify, are you referring to the Sheraton Vistana Villages Resort Villas on I Drive. I get so confused with all the Sheratons!

Jessietoystory2
04-02-2010, 08:44 AM
The Sheraton Vistana villages is on I-Drive. That is the one I recommend. The other is call the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Hope this helps.
We are thinking about going back there in July. We just love going to Disney! You don't get the Disney experience being off site but you save money on a hotel room that is bigger than most Disney hotel rooms and the pool is better than most Disney hotel pools.

Pally
04-02-2010, 08:01 PM
The Sheraton Vistana villages is on I-Drive. That is the one I recommend. The other is call the Sheraton Vistana Resort. Hope this helps.
We are thinking about going back there in July. We just love going to Disney! You don't get the Disney experience being off site but you save money on a hotel room that is bigger than most Disney hotel rooms and the pool is better than most Disney hotel pools.

This is the one I recommended also.:mickey:

andreallybadeggs
04-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Stayed in the SV villas last summer-- also because we had a large group. It is an older resort but we were not disappointed. Our 2 BR/2 BA villa was very spacious-- we had 8 people and did not feel cramped. We also prefer on site but have to admit that it is nice to have a full kitchen-- we don't cook much but like to be able to prepare simple meals. Also enjoy the washer/dryer and our unit had a nice walled in patio where the kids could play. It was 5 mins to DTD so close enough for mid day breaks. You can get all that with Disney villas but it costs much more, of course.
Just make sure to avoid the extra magic hour parks and remember you'll have to pay for parking if you have a rental car (which I do recommend)

septembergirl
04-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for all your replies!
Has anyone used the shuttle service there?

RobinRocksDisney
04-07-2010, 08:37 AM
I just spent a week at Sheraton Vistana Resort

http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/sheraton_vistana_resort/welcome.jsp

8800 Vistana Centre Drive

I highly recommend, very nice place, no problems at all.
We had a rental car, so no use for the shuttle.