PDA

View Full Version : Character Meals

maeraeg
03-31-2010, 07:07 PM
1st trip! What are the best character meals to do in Disney? Also anyone know of a great steak place or any other not to miss restaurant on the Disney Dining Plan? Thanks.

faline
03-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Crystal Palace (Magic Kingdom) has a nice character meal featuring Pooh and friends that also features good meals. Sometimes, character meals are more about the characters than the meals - any particular characters you're looking for?

Le Cellier (Epcot) is a very popular and yummy steak venue. It is so popular, it is often difficult to secure reservations at this spot.

mom2Z&A
03-31-2010, 07:22 PM
First...:welcome: :party::clappy:

If this is your first trip...I'd recommend Chef Mickey for a character meal. You'll see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, Chip n Dale. All the classic Disney characters at one time. It is a buffet style but it was nice! Its at the Comtemporary Resort and short monorail trip to the Magic Kingdom from there. Note: we went for dinner that evening...not breakfast.

As Faline mentioned - Le Cellier for Steak. We finally get to eat there for our first time at the end of April! :D:joy::clappy::woohoo:

Hope you have a wonderful time! :mickey:

Disney4us2
03-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

For steaks... LeCellier in the Canada Pavillion at EPCOT. :thumbsup:

Our favorite character meal was dinner at Chef Mickeys. We have also done the Princess dinner at Akershaus (Norway at EPCOT), Cinderella's Royal Table lunch (Magic Kingdom) Crystal Palace dinner (MK) and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. All were very good and we are looking forward to trying the Garden Grill in EPCOT.

Have a great first trip:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-31-2010, 07:53 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

All character meals are pretty similar so it really depends on who you want to see - Pooh & Co, Mickey & Co, Princesses, Playhouse Disney, etc. Check all the options in Info Central under the dining section and pick who you most want to meet. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Le Cellier is a decent steak, but I've found the BEST steak to be Concourse Steakhouse (at the Contemporary resort) or (surprisingly) Rose N Crown.

forever a child
03-31-2010, 08:40 PM
As one of the previous posters mentioned, I would choose it based on your character preference. I like Garden Grill:mickey: It has great character interaction.

Alaska Disney Fan
03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Chef Mickey's, Crysal Palace, and 1900 Park Faire are my favorite character meals - all buffets.

Le Cellier is my Favorite Steak place, Concourse was good, but unfortunately it is closed. I'm trying Big River Grilling works at the Boardwalk this fall, looks like it has good steak choices.

Pop Centurion
03-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Welcome to Intercot.

As mentioned, you character preference is important in your decision but also important is to look over the menus in info central to see what is offered.
With that said, our favorite character meals are:

Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House in AK.

Crystal Palace for Dinner

1900 Park Fare for Breakfast

i don't eat beef so I'd be of no help recommending anything.

BriarRose0708
03-31-2010, 11:58 PM
I have eaten at Le Cellier and had the mushroom filet. It was delicious, but believe it or not my favorite steak I've ever eaten in WDW is the NY Strip at Coral Reef of all places. It definitely goes against the rule of never order steak at a seafood place, but the past two times I have had this meal I wanted to lick my plate. Coral Reef also has more to look at and has a better atmosphere, IMO, than Le Cellier. Plus you can order the Chocolate Wave for dessert :cloud9:

For characters, if proncesses are your thing but you like more traditional American food I would go with the Storybook Princess breakfast in the Norway Pavillion. I used to love characters at Liberty Tree Tavern but unfortunately they aren't there any more.

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Our fav. character meal is Akershus, in Epcot's Norway. It opens with a cold buffet and then you still order off the menu and then there is bottomless dessert. You get a complimentary photo package with belle and then ariel, prince, cinderella, aurora are also there to visit.
We have never tried Garden grill but I hear it is great and going for the first time in August!:thumbsup:

RBrooksC
04-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Character dining is all about what characters you want to see. So, that should be one of the deciding factors. Also, location is a factor. Are you going to the MK that day? If so, Crystal Palace or the Royal Table would be a good place to go.

But I also love Chef Mickey's due to its location on the Grand Canyon Concourse of the Contemporary. I just love being in the atrium of that resort and watching the monorail go past. Also, it is a good place for a Character Meal when are you going to either the MK, since you can walk there, or Epcot, only a short monorail ride away.

#1donaldfan
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

All character meals are pretty similar so it really depends on who you want to see - Pooh & Co, Mickey & Co, Princesses, Playhouse Disney, etc. Check all the options in Info Central under the dining section and pick who you most want to meet. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Le Cellier is a decent steak, but I've found the BEST steak to be Concourse Steakhouse (at the Contemporary resort) or (surprisingly) Rose N Crown.

.....am I missing something here....the Concourse Steakhouse closed to make way for the expansion of Chef Mickey's....but you are so right in that they had great steaks....:thumbsup:

disney1122
04-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Along with most everyone else....go to Chef Mickey's for the character meal....and do Le Cellier in Epcot for steak! Excellent choices! Have fun!!!

GoofyforFun
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I will have to agree here
CM for a fun Character experience.

Welcome to Intercot:mickey:

For steaks... LeCellier in the Canada Pavillion at EPCOT. :thumbsup:

Our favorite character meal was dinner at Chef Mickeys. We have also done the Princess dinner at Akershaus (Norway at EPCOT), Cinderella's Royal Table lunch (Magic Kingdom) Crystal Palace dinner (MK) and 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. All were very good and we are looking forward to trying the Garden Grill in EPCOT.

Have a great first trip:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
My favorite character meals are Chef Mickey's for breakfast and 1900 Park Fare or Garden Grill for dinner. My absolute favorite was Liberty Tree Tavern, but since the characters have been taken out, I no longer go there.
As for steaks, Coral Reef and LeCellier are very good. :mickey:

septembergirl
04-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Akershus is unbeatable for meeting princesses!

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Akershus is unbeatable for meeting princesses!

I 2nd this!! As I said in a previous post, after lunch here you also bank on the world showcase character lines. Not only will you see the princesses but when you're done eating you will find snow white and dopey, beauty and the beast, aladdin and jasmine, alice, winnie, eeyore, piglet, rabbit, lilo and stitch, mickey, minnie, donald, goofy, pluto...
perfect location, great food, disney princesses, and a little bit of culture, too!:thumbsup:

diz_girl
04-02-2010, 11:05 AM
How important is the food to you? Which characters do you want to meet?

If food is important, then the Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom is great for any meal. You meet Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eyeore there. We've eaten both breakfast and dinner there and really enjoyed our meals.

If you want to meet Mickey, then try Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom. You should meet Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. I've never had a bad meal at the Tusker House. You can also try 'Ohana at the Polynesian. You meet Mickey, Goofy, Lilo and Stitch. There is also Chef Mickey's, but reservations fill-up fast, so you have a better shot at the other two.

As for Princesses - if you must meet Cinderella, then your best bet is 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. Yes, she's at the castle too, but it's a lot more expensive there ($30+ for adults), the food isn't as good, and the reservations are more difficult to get than for Chef Mickey's. So 1900 Park Fare is your better bet. If you're looking for other princesses, then try the Princess breakfast at Askerhus in the Norway Pavililon at EPCOT. Although I've never dined there, I have heard only good things about it.

I can't comment on the steak, as I don't eat beef.

Good luck wherever you go and :welcome: to Intercot.