PDA

View Full Version : Give A Day Volunteering

DisneyCouture
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
Hi Everyone-
I was just wondering how many of you participated in the Give A Day, Get A Day program. I just wanted fellow intercotees to post where they volunteered and what they did. My family and I participated and made posters for Heifer International. It was such a fun experience. I wrote about it on my blog. We plan on using the passes in April. How was your experience?

TiggeRia
03-31-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello :) My parents, a friend and I volunteered for our local PBS station stuffing envelopes. It wasn't the most exciting of jobs, but we had fun and I couldn't believe how friendly and thankful every employee we came across was. We plan on using our tickets in September.

sgdisney
03-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I made a baby girl quilt for Project Linus. My voucher is printed and ready for my May trip!

kakn7294
03-31-2010, 04:32 PM
I signed up but didn't hear back from Habitat for Humanity until after the promotion ended so there's no tickets for us. However, I do plan to volunteer somewhere anyway - I just have to decide who, what, when, and where. I'm thinking of either sticking with Habitat or volunteering at the local animal shelter.

disneymom15
03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
We volunteered at Habitat. Hubby & daughters boyfriend worked on converting old trolly carts into coffee tables. My daughter & I cleaned their extremely dirty kitchen and also cut out paper shamrocks to decorate the store. We are going to use the vouchers in Dec.

lettripp
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
My fiance and I made a blanket for Project Linus :-)

MegaDisney
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
We volunteered for Phoenix Pride. We go next week for our orientation and we have been assigned to Saturday 17th of April. We plan on using our vouchers in July or August at Disneyland.

badkitty
03-31-2010, 06:00 PM
My BF and I are making cat toys for a local feline rescue. We made the sign-up cut-off just in time (we have the proper email confirmations) but the project doesn't complete until 4/10. My fingers are crossed for tickets to use in November!

momef3grls
04-01-2010, 09:21 AM
My daughter and I volunteered with our local chapter of the American Cancer Society. We helped deliver daffodils during their annual fundraiser. Cancer has affected our family greatly and this was our way of giving back. Their push is all about birthdays and we are going to use our passes in July to celebrate DD sweet 16 :cloud9:.

Jenemmy
04-01-2010, 03:48 PM
I signed up to help set up our local Walk for Autism 5k, which will take place at the end of this month. I am setting up for it the night before and then walking in honor of my kiddo the day of :mickey:

laprana
04-01-2010, 04:52 PM
We also made blankets for Project Linus. It was a lot of fun, and we're planning on making more for them in the future. We're going to use our vouchers toward our AP renewals in May! :joy:

DisneyCouture
04-01-2010, 08:16 PM
That is so awesome how everyone had such great opportunities and enjoyed them as well. I love hearing about all of them.

Some of you PM ed me for info on my blog. It isn't much just started it last year but working on it. Just follow the link to my blog from the drop down box by clicking on my username.

TikiGoddess
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Hi Ashley!

We're doing the same project that you did -- posters for Heifer International. We'll use the passes for GAD fastpasses this summer.

It's been very interesting to learn about Heifer and their work. I'm thinking of doing a fundraiser for them next year through my school.

Kathy