PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

georger
03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Last August we had purchased one day tickets with a magic your way package just to qualify for free dining....we had to check out of our hotel and re-check in, too during this transaction. We still have those one day tickets (they were also the keys to our room/dining after we re-checked in...)These keys/tickets were seperate from the tickets/keys that we used during our stay to enter the parks. My question is....Are those tickets still vaild? We will be in Orlando in June and thought we would use them if we can. I was thinking they expired after a year but my husband says they expire after 14 days...does anyone know? Hope this makes sense. Lisa

PopPhan
03-31-2010, 11:09 AM
Tickets like that do not expire until they are used. The typical MYW ticket expires 14 days after first use, but since these are one day tickets....

KylesMom
03-31-2010, 11:14 AM
PopPhan is correct - they're still good. We in essence did the same thing last year - had to purchase the one-day pass for the "Buy 4 Get 3 Free" promotion. We'll be utilizing these one-day passes in July to put towards our new A/Ps. They would have only expired if they were multi-day tickets & you used them at least once to get into a park.

Go & have a great time, Lisa! :mickey:

faline
03-31-2010, 11:27 AM
We had a one day ticket from a trip last August which we used for a trip in December. If you had 2 or 3 days on the ticket, it would expire 14 days from the first time you used it; otherwise, the tickets are good until you do use them!

CleveRocks
03-31-2010, 12:34 PM
Last August we had purchased one day tickets with a magic your way package just to qualify for free dining....we had to check out of our hotel and re-check in, too during this transaction. We still have those one day tickets (they were also the keys to our room/dining after we re-checked in...)These keys/tickets were seperate from the tickets/keys that we used during our stay to enter the parks. My question is....Are those tickets still vaild? We will be in Orlando in June and thought we would use them if we can. I was thinking they expired after a year but my husband says they expire after 14 days...does anyone know? Hope this makes sense. LisaIf you will be booking a resort PACKAGE with Disney (a APCKAGE means it includes tickets), then you should leave those 1-day tickets at home for another time.

But if you are NOT booking a resort PACKAGE, then those tickets are indeed valuable. Bring the tickets to any ticket window (or to your Disney resort's Lobby Concierge desk) and upgrade them to include however many days you'll need.

I can explain in more detail the reasons behing this answer, if you want.

georger
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM
We are actually doing a Sea World package and thought we would go ahead and use these while we were there. Our Disney trip this year is in October and we are doing a package to get free QS dining. How much would it cost to upgrade to 3 day tickets with these. I think we will cover Sea World in a day, do the Sea World water park in a day, then still have some time for a few Disney days if it doesn't cost too much to add on a couple of days. We are also planning on going to KSC.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-31-2010, 05:44 PM
How much would it cost to upgrade to 3 day tickets with these.
I will give all prices with TAX INCLUDED, using adult ticket prices.

Each adult one-day pass has a value of $84.14. No matter what ticket you upgrade to, your savings will be $84.14.

A 3-day adult pass costs $233.24. Your cost to upgrade to a 3-day pass will be $149.10 if you do not include park-hopping. Adding park-hopping would make the upgrade cost be $204.48

Goofy4TheWorld
03-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Our Disney trip this year is in October and we are doing a package to get free QS dining.

We will be in Orlando in June and thought we would use them if we can.

Just so I am not missing something, are you planning to visit Disney twice, once in June on a room-only reservation (OR staying off-site) and again in October with a package reservation?

Just want to make sure I am clear about when you are looking to use these one-day passes.

georger
03-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Yes we are going twice but the June visit is off site and we are doing a Sea World package and other Orlando stuff. We've never had a car with us so we are looking forward to being mobile so we can see some sights. We will be doing a totally Disney trip in October and staying on site. We just thought we would make the most of those unused tickets while we were there in June. Sounds like based on the costs quoted here we will just do one day, though. The June trip is a budget trip and sort of spur of the moment so we are not wanting to spend a bunch! Thanks for all the help!