PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Free Dining 2010 at WDW Resorts

NoDramaMama
03-31-2010, 10:41 AM
There's so many threads with people speculating about whether or not we're going to see Free Dining with Resort Packages this year that I thought it would be interesting to have a poll and see the percentages. If this is the wrong forum, I apologize :).

No need to comment unless you have some really deep thoughts on the matter. There's enough 'what if' threads around already, I was just curious about the numbers :)

PopPhan
03-31-2010, 10:52 AM
I selected Tiered, BUT also believe that it will only be from August 15th thru September 30th -- ending just before the F&WF begins.

I base this on the bounceback offer from our room last September that had an end date of Sept. 30.

azcavalier
03-31-2010, 11:26 AM
I think that IF it is offered, it won't end on the last day of the month, but on the last day of a week, since Disney knows that is when people travel. But, we'll see! It should be announced any day now if they're going to do it.

vicster
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
I also think it should be tiered.

darthmacho
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm bumming because I think I'm going to miss out on the free dining plan this year. It really would have cut the cost of my trip. :(

vicster
03-31-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm bumming because I think I'm going to miss out on the free dining plan this year. It really would have cut the cost of my trip. :(

I hear you! I've already booked counting on free dining. Have we been spoiled or what?

readytogo2
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM
i disagree completely about a tiered system why does where i stay for a week limit my food options . am i any less a customer to disney because i can only afford to stay at a value maybe i shouldnt make yearly trips like i have for the past 7 yrs and save so i can move up to a moderate

vicster
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
i disagree completely about a tiered system why does where i stay for a week limit my food options . am i any less a customer to disney because i can only afford to stay at a value maybe i shouldnt make yearly trips like i have for the past 7 yrs and save so i can move up to a moderate

Of course it doesn't make anyone less of a customer depending on where they stay. I'm with you on staying at a less expensive resort so I can go every year. We're not in our room very much so I really don't care where I stay. I'm looking at it from a business standpoint for WDW as they've said they may need to make a change with the free dining. They're giving out more $ in free dining than they're getting in room rates which I can totally understand. If a change is made I'd rather get free quick service dining than nothing at all.

Queenbee2
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
If they offer free dining and you are booked at a value resort will they let you rebook at a moderate in order to get the free dining?
I think it would still be a savings if not at least a better hotel room for the same money.

ransam
03-31-2010, 11:01 PM
If they offer free dining and you are booked at a value resort will they let you rebook at a moderate in order to get the free dining?
I think it would still be a savings if not at least a better hotel room for the same money.

i actually compared them today and you're right the cost is bout the same. and yes, i t hink they will let you change.

Polynesian Dweller
03-31-2010, 11:46 PM

You are not less of a customer but from a business perspective there is less return on a value resort room. At that time of year the nightly room rates are roughly Value $100, Moderate $150, and Deluxe $365. So presume that it costs Disney approx ($35) per day on average per room to provide food on the DDP then the discount would be Value 35%, Moderate 23%, Deluxe 9%.

From a business perspective, the way to even out those big differences is to tier the plan so that every room group gets closer to the 9%. So every customer gets treated almost the same on a percentage basis.

It's that kind if calculation that makes me think it will be tiered but we will know soon.

lightyearfan
04-01-2010, 10:27 AM
i voted for yes, last year was very sucessful and me and dw hope that it returns in Sept because we are in planning mode for our next trip , unlike our previous trips which were just long weekend trips this one will be a full 9 days:mickey:

Victor

ledudes
04-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I say free dining for sure until end of September. They've done it the last 3 or 4 years.

vicster
04-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I say free dining for sure until end of September. They've done it the last 3 or 4 years.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!:thumbsup:

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 05:23 PM
I have mixed feelings about the free dining. I love it, its a great promotional but there is propaganda that this is the reason why some restaurants have gone downhill in the past year or two. If this continues to happen, I would personally rather pay for the dining plan. I would much rather have great dining experiences.

DonaldsBFF
04-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Just some information on this subject. I recently got a PIN code via email and it was for free quick service dining around those dates. Don't remember exact dates. So that may be an indication that it may just be quick service instead of regular dining plan

mom2-3princesses
04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
It has been 5 years and I agree they shouldn't stop it but it will be tiered maybe:confused:
I have mixed feelings about the free dining. I love it, its a great promotional but there is propaganda that this is the reason why some restaurants have gone downhill in the past year or two. If this continues to happen, I would personally rather pay for the dining plan. I would much rather have great dining experiences.

I don't think it is free dining that has made restaurants go downhill(which I don't agree...Love the food!)...if anything it is the DP in general.

kwhitt3202
04-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I think it will be tiered. The question is how tiered. Last year the tiering was in two tiers value and moderate/deluxe resorts. This year they have made value, moderate, and deluxe/villas tiers.
Would it be possible to think if they did free dinning it worlg look like value-quick service, moderate-basic dinning, deluxe/villas- deluxe dinning?