PDA

View Full Version : Bag to bring to parks?

Julie_Mouse
03-30-2010, 09:24 PM
So, I'm a little bit of a fashionista... :secret: okay, I'm very much a fashionista :laughing:

Just trying to work out what type of bag I will bring with me to the parks. In the past I have carried everything from a small tote (seen here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/15618503@N05/4477328015/) to a tiny little Coach wristlet, just for KTTW card and some lip balm or whatever.

This time, I'm leaning towards something bigger than the wristlet, so I can carry some sunscreen and a waterbottle. I'm thinking something with soft sides (so I can easily compress it into the compartments on the rides) that's not too big. I don't do well with backpacks; I hate when my back gets sweaty.

What do you carry all your stuff in at the parks? Have any of the fashionistas out there seen any purses/totes/satchels etc. this spring that you might consider bringing with you to the park?

While I live in Canada :cap:, I'm fairly close to the border and we do cross-border shopping frequently, so even if it's a store that's not available in Canada, let me know :mickey:

JoF
03-31-2010, 03:34 AM
I would suggest a small messenger bag that goes across your body. You can easily access all the pockets this way without taking a backpack on and off all the time.
Kipling do really good bags with lots of compartments in really funky colours and a range of sizes.
I prefer this type of bag to a backpack. Just google Kipling luggage.:mickey:

CanadianWDWFan
03-31-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree with the messenger bag! For us it seemed to be the most practical.

Disneymom201
03-31-2010, 08:09 AM
I love Vera Bradley bags. They are both durable and darling. They all tend to have a lot of pockets to store items that you will most likely use while you are at the Parks. There are so many styles to chose from and their new summer line is out. They will also compress to fit under your legs or in the middle of the seat. You can't go wrong with this type of bag! Happy shopping!

2008-2007 Off site
2008 Grand Floridian
2009 Wilderness Lodge
October 2010 AKL (surprise vacation for the kids!!!)

disneymom15
03-31-2010, 09:37 AM
I also use a crossbody (messenger)bag. Mine is made by Tignanello. I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Dooney & Bourke mini juliette satchel. It can be worn crossbody or handheld. I think it would be a bit larger than my Tig and would also allow me to use it on a daily basis. It's available in leather zebra or giraffe (very cute). Hope this helps.

caryrae
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
What nobody uses fanny packs anymore?:(

c&d
03-31-2010, 09:45 AM
I love my Vera Bradley back packs. They hold all my stuff and unlike most back packs my back doesn't get hot.

brownie
03-31-2010, 10:08 AM
Skip the bag and use cargo pants/shorts. You can carry what you need and don't have to wait in the bag check lines.

DisneyCouture
03-31-2010, 02:36 PM
I am the usual handbag person but when I am in the parks I carry a baggalini. It looks like a mini backpack but carries like a messenger bag. I love all the convenient compartments and its water proof. They come in a lot of cool colors and its very light. It's called Women's baggallini MES160 Messenger Bag. Hope this is helpful.

magicofdisney
03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
I know you said you don't like backpacks and I feel the same way about a traditional backpack. For the last 2 yrs I've used a sling type backpack I got from MouseGears at Epcot. Without weighing you down, it's lightweight and will hold everything you need. I've never had a problem with mine making me too warm. It's something to consider. :mickey:

DiannaJ
03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
I used to use the slings bags but I was carrying so much in them that my shoulers got sore so I went to WalMart and got one of those water bladder type of backpacks. The shoulders are padded and I have removed the water bladder in it so make more room for everything. They are narrow enough to keep from getting too hot and water proof for keeping thing dry. Also they do not llok bad there are alot of differant colors to choose from..:thumbsup:

DVC2004
03-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Can't (and won't!) do fanny packs or backpacks, but I won't bring my Marc Jacobs, LV or even my nicer Banana Republic bags to the parks either! Don't want them getting wet/dirty etc. I usually have luck at Gap. Right now they have a cute bag in a few prints, nylon- very cute tye-dye red and one was a purple blue, other prints too. Sometimes American Eagle has cute and fashionable bags too. Check both out online. They aren't too much so I don't care the wear and tear they get.

Julie_Mouse
03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the input everyone! :mickey:

I'm toying with the idea of purchasing a Dooney & Bourke mini juliette satchel.

I checked out the D&B website, and I think I like the pouchette style (maybe in nylon?) ... small enough that I could fit a travel-size tube of sunscreen in there, as well as sunglasses, KTTW card, small wallet, etc. Very cute!

I usually have luck at Gap. Right now they have a cute bag in a few prints, nylon- very cute tye-dye red and one was a purple blue, other prints too.

Saw these - LOVE them! I am seriously considering one of the blue/white ones... I really like the white one, but I had a similar style in the past (see the link in my post above) and the only problem was that the dye from my dark-wash denim shorts rubbed off on the white canvas :( Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion!

Now, I just have to decide which one...