PDA

View Full Version : Crowds right now?

paragon
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please fell free to relocate if needed.

This is the week before Easter, so I was wondering how attendance is right now, I seem to recall that last year, some of the parks hit capacity. Does it appear to be just as crowded this year??

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Yep. MK hit Phase 3 closing today.

joelkfla
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Phase 3 = resort guests, annual pass holders, and holders of reservations for in-park dining, BBB, or Pirates' League.

Regular hoppers and guests seeking to re-enter the park without the above are out of luck.

As is usually the case, the MK reopened to all later in the day. Today that was around 2 p.m.

Gregandmel
03-30-2010, 09:46 PM
I"m sure it's pretty busy. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10 and I check the on-line status of the wait times (the ones you can get on your mobile phone) and at around 2:30pm, Toy Story Mania had a 180 minute wait. That's 3 hours!!!!! Holy Cow!

IrishMickey
03-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I"m sure it's pretty busy. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10 and I check the on-line status of the wait times (the ones you can get on your mobile phone) and at around 2:30pm, Toy Story Mania had a 180 minute wait. That's 3 hours!!!!! Holy Cow!

I can't even imagine what that would look like... that is why we travel in the off times!

Dopey's Girl
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM

I have an app like this on my Iphone that I'm obsessed with. I check wait times all day, when I saw the 120+ this morning for Toy Story Mania it made me happy I'm not there right now!

03-30-2010, 10:47 PM
It was only Ph3 at MK for about 30 minutes or so this afternoon. Kind of odd since the actual guest counts were not as high as days like the 3rd and 4th of July last year and some of the other high volume days when the park never did close.

Also, at the 12 and 3 pm parades, Main St. and other areas of the parade route were just not as crowded today as much as they were other days when the guest counts were less. Main St. areas were really quite manageable during the parades. I guess they must have all been stuck in ride lines instead of watching parades.

I imagine though, that the first Spectro tonight was packed. I'll be there tomorrow night and will be interested to see how packed it is then.

Beauty908
03-31-2010, 01:22 AM
I strongly suggest checking out Touring Plans (It by the same guys who write the Unofficial Guide). Even paying the subscription fee for just this trip will be worth it to get the most out of you vacation. The website is pretty accurate!

Good Luck!

BTW--utilize the FastPass, and arrive early. For my group, as soon as we were through the gates, we sent one person running (literally) to a ride we all wanted to ride to get FastPasses for--Toy Story Mania is a must have!!

mustBgoofy
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
DH and I found that the crowds didn't appear until between 10 and 11 in the morning. We were at all parks just after (10-20 mins) opening and did expedition everest 2 times with no wait and then went on the safari and waited 10 minutes to ride dinosaur and primeveal (sp?) whirl. We also noticed that for evening EMH there were hardly any waits. It seemed that most of the people that were at the parks during the day were bands that were performing or had performed and they were staying off property.