PDA

View Full Version : ADR's made. Tell me what to omit ,keep.

Queenbee2
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
OK here they are . It sure was hard to narrow it down. There were so many places I wanted to try.

Chef Mickey's - dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table- dinner
Sci fi- lunch
50's Prime Time- dinner
Akershus - dinner
T-Rex - dinner
Le Celier -dinner
Biergarten - dinner

Is there one you would omit and if so what would you replace it with.?

Pop Centurion
03-30-2010, 06:12 PM
If I had to omit one it would be Chef Mickey's dinner.
Hard to say what I'd replace it with since we don't know your taste in food.
To be safe I would say Crystal Palace dinner. Good variety of food, Winnie the Pooh characters, & nice atmosphere.

GrmGrninGost
03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
I absolutely love 50's Prime Time, CRT and LeCellier. I love Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but we have been unimpressed at dinner. We have not tried T-Rex or Biergarten. As for Sci-Fi, I would not go there for dinner again, but I hear the lunch is pretty good. Some of my faves include Coral Reef ( my families favorite ) and 1900 Park Fare ( the food is good, the character interaction even better ). Also, we have eaten at Tony's the last two years and thought it was wonderful! The food has been fabulous and the service and atmosphere even better. :mickey:

faline
03-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm not a big fan of Biergarten. I'd probably try to go to Rose n Crown instead. Of course, this is my personal opnion and it's hard to know !what you might like better!

Queenbee2
03-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Ok , I was trying to decide between Rose and Crown and Biergarten. I may have to switch.

To the poster that said Crystal Palace instead of Chef Mickey's , what is better? Characters? Food?

Pop Centurion
03-30-2010, 06:49 PM
To the poster that said Crystal Palace instead of Chef Mickey's , what is better? Characters? Food?
Hmmm, tough to say. my fiance' and i enjoy the characters and food equally. We've always had great character interaction. Usually each character makes their way to our table 2-3 times throughout our entire meal yet they are never rushed. But even if there were no characters I'd still go.

paragon
03-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I like most of your choices. But if I had to omit one, I would drop the T Rex ( especially if you have been to a Rainforest Cafe-they are very, very similar ) and replace it with the CAPE MAY at the Beach Club resort, its a "New England Clam Bake" buffet. This is a must do for us each time. Sadly, we didnt get to do it on our last trip, but I made sure to book it first for this years trip.

Pocahontas
03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Even though my husband loves the Biergarten, my daughter and I really don't care for the food. I would replace it with Ohana's. This is our whole family's favorite resturant at WDW, for both food and atmosphere.

mickeys_princess_mom
03-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Even though my husband loves the Biergarten, my daughter and I really don't care for the food. I would replace it with Ohana's. This is our whole family's favorite resturant at WDW, for both food and atmosphere.

I agree! :mickey: Also, 50's Prime Time is not one of my favorites-just not my thing...

cer
03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
I'd trade Chef Mickey's for Garden Grill.

Chef Mickey's is loud and Garden Grill will give you a lower key character experience.

It really is what your party prefers. We have had enough character meals to know we prefer the quiet of sitting and not having to be up and down for food. The restaurant is round and rotates and your dining experience is very private.

My husband just passed by and said he likes Chef Mickey for breakfast, to which I replied, "Really? I did not like it that much."

He said, "Yeah! Piles of bacon and syrup."

Of course. :)

So, I guess everything I said about the Garden Grill is my opinion, and my husband votes for Chef Mickey Breakfast.

gollybass
03-31-2010, 02:22 AM
you opened a whole can of worms with this thread! :p

brownie
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
If you wanted to try them, I'd keep them all. If I had to choose one to drop, I'd probably drop Chef Mickey's.

SuzieN
04-03-2010, 09:57 AM
You probably spent a lot of time choosing these restaurants so I wouldn't change any of them!! Honestly you will get so many differing opinions on every place that sometimes it's not worth it to ask. You chose them for a reason so stick with them!

DizneyRox
04-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Looks like a decent variety to me... Sci Fi maybe pass on, I can't imagine spending that much time in MGM... 50's should be enough.

disney1122
04-03-2010, 11:01 AM
We didn't like Sci Fi at all! Great theme and neat place to eat, but the food and service were terrible. Chef's Mickey's is fun! We love it for breakfast. Dinner is not that great....we didn't like the food. Garden Grill is a great place....I think someone else mentioned it. Might switch to that...

Have fun!

akaDisneyDreamer
04-03-2010, 03:12 PM
We haven't eaten at any of the places you asked about! Our favorites are mosty Epcot in the World Showcase! Nine Dragons was wonderful as well as Tuto Italia! We are adding a couple of new places this trip - Coral Reef and Crystal Palace ... can't wait!

jonahbear2006
04-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I like most of your choices. But if I had to omit one, I would drop the T Rex ( especially if you have been to a Rainforest Cafe-they are very, very similar ) and replace it with the CAPE MAY at the Beach Club resort, its a "New England Clam Bake" buffet. This is a must do for us each time. Sadly, we didnt get to do it on our last trip, but I made sure to book it first for this years trip.

I second this. We skipped it when we stayed at the beach club the first time and then cancelled a ressie the next trip and then when we stayed beach club in december we gave in and tried it. What a wonderful spread and everything was very tasty! The desert table is one of the best I've seen on buffets at disney world, excluding boma. I was shy at first but I am sure now this is definitely a great place for dinner. Add in that the tables have paper on them, as a table cloth with crayons and everyone gets to color, this was fabulous! we had a great time.

Amy_617
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
My husband just passed by and said he likes Chef Mickey for breakfast, to which I replied, "Really? I did not like it that much."

He said, "Yeah! Piles of bacon and syrup."

Of course. :)

:funny: That sounds JUST like my husband!!! Piles and Piles of Bacon!! :mickey: