PDA

View Full Version : Menu Restrictions with Dining Plan???

DizneeFan13
03-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I have a quick question for all the brilliant Disney folds here. We will be using the Dining Plan for the first time this trip and I was just curious about wether or not they place a lot of restrictions on the menu choices? We will be eating at 50's PTC, Teppan Edo, Les Chefs De France, and Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch) specifically if anyone has been recently. I'm just trying to decide if I'm going to be dissapointed with what I can chose. It will by my first time a couple of these restaurants. Thank you all for the help :mickey:

DiannaJ
03-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Depending on which plan you have like the one that has one quick service and one snack and one table service per day then there is no menu restictions. The only thing that is not included is alcoholic beverages but you can order them and they will bill you separately for that. The table service meal includes an appitizer, a main meal and desert with a drink i.e.coffee & soda's. It's more food than you can eat in most places your going to eat at. I hope this answers your question.:mickey:

SallyMcQueen
03-30-2010, 03:47 PM
If you are on the Basic DDP (1TS, 1QS, 1Snack) the restrictions are only that you don't get alcoholic beverages included and tip is not included. You don't get an appetizer either, I think you used to but not anymore. Now you get entree or buffet, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. Its not like whole sets of food are off limits. When we went to Biergarten in Germany all the food was included in the plan, but DH and I had to pay OOP for our beers. Also, don't forget to tip, that's not included either.

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 04:18 PM
The only other restriction not mentioned above is "specialty" drinks are not included (like the glowing ice cube drinks at PTC). I think there are some things (like, maybe sushi) at Teppan Edo not included, but unless it's a specialty item, if it's on the menu you can order it.

tgmousechick
03-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I believe the lobster is not included at Teppan Edo

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2010, 04:33 PM
I believe the lobster is not included at Teppan Edo

Last time we ate at Teppan Edo with the DDP lobster was not incuded. Sushi was also not included. This was several years back so things may have changed.

retiredfigment
03-30-2010, 05:38 PM
We were on DDP in December. Tip not included. Appetizer not included but dessert was. No restriction on menu. Only restriction I have ever faced was the lobster tail add on at Captain Jack's, but you were able to order the lobster tail entree.

DizneeFan13
03-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Thanks to everyone for their responses. It makes me feel a lot better about the choice to use the DDP this time. :thumbsup: