PDA

View Full Version : Taping of the Christmas parade do you go or stay away?

luvDaMouse
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
My dh and I are going to Dec 3rd to Dec 10th this year. They are taping the parade on the 4th I admit I am kinda curious about it. I am not sure whether we will go or if we will completly avoid the park alltogether. If you have gone during taping I would love to hear about it:)

Thanks!
Dana:mickey:

renecat
03-30-2010, 01:05 PM
In 2008 we were there when they were tapping the parade. We went to the MK that morning and people where already lined up on main street. We went to the back of the park and road some rides. It was so crowded we left early afternoon and went to Epcot. When we were leaving more people were lined up and down main street and they still had several hour before they were going to start the parade. It was actually difficult to get down main street to leave. I'd stay away!!!

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
I've done both. Honestly, watching the parade taping is fairly boring. You stand around, wait for the float to come by, then they back it up and do it again. And again. And again. So, having it done it before, we now choose to stay away on parade taping day. The crowds just aren't worth it.