PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

Wishmaker
03-29-2010, 10:35 PM
I have read numerous times over the years people mentioning the Wishes Dessert Party or Illuminations Dessert Party.
What are these, where are these, and how much are these? The more information you have the better. We have been to Dinsey 9 times in the last fives years and we are always looking for something new to do.

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 09:11 AM
We have a full discussion under way in this thread. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=168730)

rjmdds
03-30-2010, 09:36 AM
We did this back in December during MVMCP. It is a "private" dessert party at the Terrace with various desserts for adults and kids. It provides you with great viewing of the fireworks and Tinkerbell literally flies DIRECTLY over your head. We loved it because we knew we'd have a great viewing spot for the fireworks and didn't have to sit on a curb for 45 minutes waiting. The kids loved it too. They had a Photopass photographer there to take a photo of you and your family with the castle in the background. Food-wise, there were gourmet pastries, cookies, brownies, hot drinks, cold drinks, etc. Unfortunately I don't remember the price, but we would do it again. It was a special way to watch the fireworks in a cozy atmosphere. As with many of Disney's "extras" you will find those who say it is not worth it and other's who say it is. I can only speak for my family and we loved it.

Imagineer1981
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
My family was one of the "test" subjects for the Wishes party. They were taken actually by the Crystal palace in reserved seating just for them with chocolate covered strawberries, and other great deserts and drinks. They said they were trying the idea out. Looks like it was a success