PDA

View Full Version : most gentle roller coaster in WDW

rainbodragon
03-29-2010, 02:04 PM
my gf has finally agreed to go on a rollercoaster on our next wdw visit. which would be the best "beginner?" roller coaster? i am thinking Thunder Mountain. and she has no problem going on ToT, so IMHO she is completely backwards anyway ;)

oh, and this can be any of the parks.

thanks

Tygger7
03-29-2010, 02:15 PM
I guess it depends on what concerns her about coasters. BTMRR is an exellent choice...no huge drops and nothing too scary. I hate coasters and ride everything at WDW except ToT, if that's any indication. I'm not a fan of huge drops, or falling...but I love EE and Space Mountain.

Mickey'sGirl
03-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I'd say the Barnstormer over in Toontown is the most gentle. I personally can not ride Big Thunder, because it bangs my poor arthritic body about too much. The smoothest ride is Space Mountain in my opinion.

Scrappy2
03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
I HATE roller coasters myself but I do love. Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain. I tolerate EE. I have done RR but it is my least favorite. It really depends on why she does not like coasters. For me I get motion sick so that is why RR is my least favorite.

vws_and_disney
03-29-2010, 02:55 PM
BTMRR is a good starter coaster. I hate rollercoasters and I will ride everything in Disney also.

LudwigVonDrake
03-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Either Gooy's Barnstormer or Big Thunder Mountain would be a good starter coaster :coaster:

Goes4FastPass
03-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Actually, I think EE is a smoother ride than BTMRR.

SM is a lot of surprise drops and turns in the dark.

Visit the Yeti.

Pop Centurion
03-29-2010, 08:08 PM
I agree that EE is smoother than BTMRR but it's also more intense. So you may risk scaring your gf on EE and she won't want to try any others. I say go with BTMRR then go to Space Mountain. Then when you go to AK you can tell her that EE is similar to BTMRR just with some bigger drops. ;)

Kaps
03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Space Mountain is the smoothest ride but it is dark. BTMRR throws you around quite a bit.

jonahbear2006
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Big thunder is the roughest of all of them. As a general rule, wooden roller coaster tracks are the roughest and hydraulic coasters are the most softest rides. The order in which I would put them from easiest coasters to the roughest I would say Rock n roller coaster being the softest ride, expedition everest, space mountain, then big thunder mountain. The take off for Rock n roller coaster is a hype for no reason. just put your head back and dont try to hold it forward, thats the only part of the ride that has any roughness to it. I dont think EE is rough at all. but put it 2nd because the changing of directions makes it a little different than a normal coaster. Space mountain is a baby coaster but I think seems a little jerky to me and big thunder mountain is very rough, imho. I almost didnt enjoy that ride bc I was thinking about it being jerky and it scared my son but he is fine with splash mountain and ToT and space mountain.

spoiled
03-30-2010, 02:15 PM
:number1::thumbsup::thedolls::ill::secret:I Think BTMR Barnstormer or Space moantian are the best maybe tower of terror:mickey:

mcjaco
03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
If you can convince her to go on Barnstormer (Vekoma Rollerskater for kids), do that first.

You can always tell her not to worry as none of the coasters at the MK go faster than 35 mph anyway.

I'd rank them like such (kiddie to major thrill)
1) Barnstormer
2) Big Thunder
3) Space Mountain
4) Primeval Whirl
5) Expedition Everest
6) RnRC