PDA

View Full Version : New Pizzeria in Italy?

DisneyFr33k
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Anyone know more? I saw this on another site - 300 seats, under construction now in Epcots Itay Pavilion, opening in the Fall? :confused:

If what I read it true, and the sample menus are real, it will solve my problem of where to eat when we visit this Fall! Looks delicious! :eat:

Strmchsr
03-29-2010, 12:09 PM
It's called Tutto Italia and, as you noted, will open this fall. The official Disney blog actually posted about it today here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/first-look-pizzeria-at-epcot%E2%80%99s-italy-pavilion/).

DisneyFr33k
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
It's called Tutto Italia and, as you noted, will open this fall. The official Disney blog actually posted about it today here (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/first-look-pizzeria-at-epcot%E2%80%99s-italy-pavilion/).

Isn't Tutto Italia the name of the current restaurant? On you link above, they say they don't know what it's name will be. However, another site said it could be called Naples as the parent company (which also manages Tutto Italia) has other pizzeria's with that name (one in Downtown Disney California). The picture on your link makes me wonder where they are building this! I hope it is open by our next trip - the last week of October!

Strmchsr
03-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Isn't Tutto Italia the name of the current restaurant? On you link above, they say they don't know what it's name will be. However, another site said it could be called Naples as the parent company (which also manages Tutto Italia) has other pizzeria's with that name (one in Downtown Disney California). The picture on your link makes me wonder where they are building this! I hope it is open by our next trip - the last week of October!

Yeah, it's still not named officially. Tutto Itallia is the current restaurant, but I think it's supposed to be connected with that, or compliments it somehow. If I remember correctly, it will go in the back part of the pavilion. No opening date is confirmed (other than fall), but the latest rumor I've seen is a September opening.

DisneyFr33k
03-29-2010, 01:48 PM
...but the latest rumor I've seen is a September opening.

That would be AWESOME! And, I got a look at the menus - DELICIOUS (if that is what they end up being).

jcvalenti
03-30-2010, 09:50 AM
My understanding is that they are two seperate restaurants.

I'm kind of excited about this. Our family loved doing Alfredo's every year we've been down there since the year Epcot opened. When Tutto repalced it, we were really disappointing - we found the restauarant stuffier, the food not as good, and the prices abhorrently high for what you got. We never went back after our first visit to Tutto.

This new restuarant sounds like it will be more in line with the kind of experience we enjoyed at Alfredo's. Fun, casual and just good basic authentic Italian food.

The rumour is the place will be named the same as the Patina group (who runs the restaurant)'s other pizza joint, Naples 45.

See some sample menus here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/01/20/epcot-italy-pizzeria-naples-45-menu/

Presumably the place in Epcot will have similar offerings.

DisneyFr33k
03-30-2010, 11:27 AM
Will it be offered as a table service option for the dining plan? I hope so!

Strmchsr
03-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Will it be offered as a table service option for the dining plan? I hope so!

That would be great, and I would assume so, but I haven't seen any announcement on that. Of course, isn't a pizza at the food courts a TS credit? I guess this could be counted as a TS place on the DDP. Like I said, haven't seen any word one way or the other how this will fit on the DDP, but my guess is it would be more likely as a TS than a CS.

DisneyFr33k
03-30-2010, 12:27 PM
That would be great, and I would assume so, but I haven't seen any announcement on that. Of course, isn't a pizza at the food courts a TS credit? I guess this could be counted as a TS place on the DDP. Like I said, haven't seen any word one way or the other how this will fit on the DDP, but my guess is it would be more likely as a TS than a CS.

I hope since it isn't a part of the 2010 plan, they will wait until 2011 to include it!