PDA

View Full Version : POR room location

JoDisney
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
POR does not seem to have preferred rooms only standard and water view. What room location is best to request? Should you book a pool view? We like the garden view and near the food court and not far from a pool. I know there are quiet pools. Is Mag. Terrace a good choice? It does not look like it is too far to the food court. Boy, it has been awhile since being there. As long as there is a bridge to walk to food court from pool or quiet pool, that would be ideal.

#1donaldfan
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
.....sounds to me like you want to stay on the mansion side, but if you want the closest to the bus, quite pool and food then I have to suggest our favorite building in the AB section.....14 !! your just about 15 seconds from the food court.....27 seconds from the quiet pool behind bldg 18 and about 58 seconds from the South bus depot....

...Ok, I may be exagerating just a bit, but that building is close to it all !! :thumbsup:

elmjimmlm
03-29-2010, 12:19 PM
In the AB section 14 and 18 are the choice buildings that we like...14 is the building at the food court and a short walk to the quiet pool whereas 18 is at the quiet pool...14 also has a very short walk to the south depot for the bus service...We always request 14 and have always gotten it...
If you are looking for the bigger pool then 14 is still a good choice...It has a short walk around the main building and over the bridge...

biodtl
03-29-2010, 02:50 PM
In the AB section 14 and 18 are the choice buildings that we like...14 is the building at the food court and a short walk to the quiet pool whereas 18 is at the quiet pool...14 also has a very short walk to the south depot for the bus service...We always request 14 and have always gotten it...
If you are looking for the bigger pool then 14 is still a good choice...It has a short walk around the main building and over the bridge...
For the AB buildings that are closest to the food court - how long of a walk is it to the main pool and bus stop?

We love POFQ, but next time, we might have to go with POR since we are going with family and they might be a group of 5. I'm bummed because I really love POFQ (we like the theme, the landscaping, and especially the small size, since DH has trouble with long walks), but I am trying to prepare myself for POR. Any help would be appreciated.

elmjimmlm
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
The walk to the main pool from 14 is just a few minutes and as far as the bus stop, you can go through the parking lot and it only takes a minute or two...

Genie1953
03-29-2010, 11:19 PM
We stayed in the Oak Manor bulding in the mansion section and it was a great location! We were right next to a quiet pool and just across the river from the main building that houses the lobby, food court, and restaurant. We were only about a 5 minute walk from our room across a bridge to that building. We have requested Oak Manor for our upcoming trip here in a couple of weeks. We absolutely loved it. Wooo Hooo! We should be checking into POR in 11 days and about 13 hours....can't wait!!

#1donaldfan
03-30-2010, 01:22 PM
We stayed in the Oak Manor bulding in the mansion section and it was a great location! We were right next to a quiet pool and just across the river from the main building that houses the lobby, food court, and restaurant. We were only about a 5 minute walk from our room across a bridge to that building. We have requested Oak Manor for our upcoming trip here in a couple of weeks. We absolutely loved it. Wooo Hooo! We should be checking into POR in 11 days and about 13 hours....can't wait!!

....have fun and happy anniversary....leave a light on for us, 81 days out....!!:party:

Genie1953
04-20-2010, 06:44 PM
We just returned yesterday after a 9 night/10 day stay. We stayed in room 9242 in the Oak Manor building. It was a second floor front corner room looking directly over the river. We had a great view of the water wheel and Riverside mill building and the bridge to the main pool area. Our room had 2 windows so had lots of light coming in. The side window looked out over the courtyard with fountain and of course the front window looked out over the river. Thank goodness the room was on the side of the building away from the quiet pool that was NOT very quiet several evenings due to a large group of high school students staying in our building. They must have been staying more towards the back of the building as we did not hear them coming and going from any of the rooms near ours. However they were very loud on the walkway and grassy area in front of our building one evening until around 11 or 12 midnight.
Sunday morning we took a stroll through the Alligator bayou area of the resort and asked a housekeeping person who was cleaning a corner room someone had already checked out of if we could take a peek and we absolutely loved it. We will definitely be requesting a corner room in one of those buildings on our next trip!