PDA

View Full Version : Rain parade

Goofy1138
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Did anyone go to Magic Kingdom on Thurs Mar 25th? And if so, did you stay & watch the parade? Not the early one but the 11pm one. It was a torrentual downpour that came out of no where! The parade had already started and had to finish. They still had characters out in it. I stayed till it got to the end of Maiin St. It definetly made it more memorable! Having just recently purchased a annual pass & living in Orlando, I hope to be able to go again and enjoy it without the rain.

Genie1953
03-30-2010, 12:17 AM
We were there in 2005 for a 5 night stay and we were only able to catch the parade once and it began pouring rain shortly after the parade started and it continued until it was over....was very disappointing as it was my husband's first time seeing it. We will be there again in less than 12 days for a 9 night stay. I have it planned to be at Magic Kingdom on two nights to make sure we get to watch it again....and hopefully withOUT rain this time. Can't wait!

BrerGnat
03-30-2010, 09:15 AM
We are here now and were at MK on Sunday during the deluge! We were trying to leave during the afternoon parade! I could not believe it was still going on and the massive amount of people watching was crazy! It was raining buckets... NOT worth it. ;)

#1donaldfan
03-30-2010, 01:12 PM
....but boy 'ol boy is it worth sticking around AFTER a huge rain......the park empties and it becomes our "private" playground....just duck inside a shop or eatery till it stops....:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
03-30-2010, 01:29 PM
....but boy 'ol boy is it worth sticking around AFTER a huge rain......the park empties and it becomes our "private" playground....just duck inside a shop or eatery till it stops....:mickey:

I'm with you!!! :wave:

DDuck66
03-30-2010, 07:38 PM
We were there in early March and got rained out for the normal parade..in its place was the Magic Kingdom Rainy Day Parade. Well worth staying for as the characters and the actors all danced and played in the puddles, skipping along and signing to such songs as Singin in the Rain and so forth.