PDA

View Full Version : TS Walk-Ins

lettripp
03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
We are leaving in 12 days (super psyched) and have made our ADR's: California Grille, 50s Prime Time Cafe, Marrakesh, and Coral Reef.

We have the DDP and have 2 TS credits left each.

We are staying at the Beach Club for one week and are wondering what you would recommend for those two table service meals. They need to be places where we don't need ADRs... but are also hoping they are delish! We plan to play those meals by ear, but I would love to hear some tips!

Thanks!

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 05:22 PM
Given the time you're going and the potential for crowds I would suggest you go to Guest Services in Epcot on the day you don't have planned. They have a board that lists all the TS places that have availability for that day. Then you could pick off of that list.

ljgirl
03-28-2010, 06:44 PM
We were at WDW last week with very few ADR's. When we were in EPCOT, I wanted to eat at Tutto Italia. I checked in with the restaurant at 5 pm and they were able to give me a reservation for 7:30 pm. It was perfect!

Another night we wanted to eat at Ohana's so I left the family at the MK and went there at 5 pm and got a pager. We got seated within an hour! I enjoyed the hour of rest people watching at the Poly!

It is possible to eat without ADR's but you have to plan a little bit!

DiannaJ
03-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Here's one that you don't hear about Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney. It's really fun to be able to sit at your table and see all of the movie stuff around you. Food is really good also. They do take the dining plan.

VWL Mom
03-28-2010, 07:43 PM
If you like sushi, we've had luck in both Nov and Aug at Tokyo Dining.

Carolanne
03-28-2010, 07:50 PM
I've never gone to WDW without ADR's since they've been implemented--I love to plan & I'm too paranoid to NOT have ADR's. That said...

Back in November, DH & I ate at the Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club for dinner. It was great (Chef Allen was absolutely wonderful--I wrote about him in my Nov trip report). We did have ADR's, but the restaurant was fairly empty that night. Again, that was November, I'm not sure what it would be like this time of year.

Back in 2008, DH & I ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse at the Yacht Club resort. IIRC, it's considered a signature dining restaurant & requires 2 TS credits per person. We had a fantastic meal here. CM Suzi took very good care of us--it was our 1st annivesary :mickey: We did have ADR's for this restaurant.

I'm sorry...not exactly the help you requested, but I had to suggest those 2 restaurants. Good luck & enjoy your trip!

phillydan
03-28-2010, 08:19 PM
I highly recommend the Grand Floridian Cafe. We actually ate there twice on our last trip, with one meal being a spur of the moment decision. Even without an ADR, we were able to get seated (party of 5) with little wait. The food was awesome and the atmosphere very nice, but not so stuffy that you would feel uncomfortable.