PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestion for last night Dinner

Karen5
03-28-2010, 02:06 PM
I just booked all my ADR's this morning for August21-29. I Could not get a reservation for Le Celier!!!! So, I booked Teppan Edo.As this will be our last night, I'm not confident I made the right choice. Reviews seem to be mixed. Since this is our last night and I have teenagers I wanted something special and fun. Any suggestions? Comments?
So far, I have booked:
50's Prime Time Cafe
O'Hana
Chefs De France
Saana
Crystal Palace
Raglan Road
San Angel Inn

DisneyFr33k
03-28-2010, 02:10 PM
We didn't have a great experience at TE - we had a new chef, she didn't do tricks, she served the food so slowly we ate each portion she put on the plate before she could finish cooking the next.

Are you limited to Epcot? We always enjoy Ohana on our last night. But if you are limited to Epcot, we have enjoyed Rose & Crown's atmosphere and food.

Karen5
03-28-2010, 02:18 PM
I'm not limited to Epcot.
I just double checked Le Celier again. I can't believe they are booked the entire week from 3pm on. I'll keep checking back in the hopes of a cancellation.

DVC2004
03-28-2010, 04:03 PM
We also like Rose and Crown- and if you can get a ressie for 7:45 or later you willbe treated to a great view of illuminations. Even if you aren''t seated outside there is a special viewing area for restaurant patrons. The food is excellent too. You can request an outside tabel but they cannot gaurantee- however both times we went we did get one.

SBETigg
03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
I prefer Teppan Edo to Le Cellier. I think it's lots more fun with better food. Le Cellier has been good for us, but nothing special. Your other choices are all good, too.

jonahbear2006
03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Teppan Edo is amazing! the food is great and I love the atmosphere. I highly doubt you will be disappointed with this venue. It is our 2nd favorite, though we didnt book it bc we will have a 1mth old and that just doesn't seem to be comfortable to sit there with a newborn on the chair in front of that hot oven.

comicguy
03-28-2010, 07:04 PM
How about the Coral Reef or GF Cafe both have great food and the service has been outstanding!!!

ElenitaB
03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
If it's any help, after a few years of not going, my 14 yr old has asked to return to Teppan Edo. And you'll be in Epcot for a last night's viewing of Illuminations.

Another place the teens might like (because it's so boisterous and fun) would be Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food has gotten mixed reviews here but the atmosphere is a lot of fun.

mom2morgan
03-28-2010, 09:17 PM
I'd stick with your current reservation - I think you'll like Teppan Edo, and there is no guarantee you'd like anything else better, so go with the gut instinct. For the record, all my favourite restaurants also get "mixed" reviews - I don't think there are any that everyone loves!

ThanxForNoticin
03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd stick with your current reservation - I think you'll like Teppan Edo, and there is no guarantee you'd like anything else better, so go with the gut instinct. For the record, all my favourite restaurants also get "mixed" reviews - I don't think there are any that everyone loves!

I absolutely agree. Teppan Edo seems to get far more good reviews than bad. I know we love it there, as did my sons when they were teen-agers.

disney1122
03-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Teppan Edo is one of our fave places to eat! If you're not sold on it - Wispering Canyon at WL or Ohana at the Poly would be great alternatives.

bruin1344
03-29-2010, 01:09 PM
I love Teppan Edo. Its a must every trip.

AmandaChan
03-30-2010, 08:03 AM
There are mixed reviews for every single restaurant. We had a great time at Teppan Edo and especially with teenagers I think it was a particularly good choice because they can talk and have fun watching the chef. We had a great experience! and we would go back anytime. If you go into it thinking you're going to have a great time you will!

stitch34
03-30-2010, 09:33 AM
My 6 year old as well (as well as the whole family) love Teppan Edo... My daughter had the on her must do's for dining...LOVE IT!!! The experiance I believe is all in your chef if you have a great chef you will love it...If the chef isn't as good wont be as entertained but will still have good food!

cer
03-30-2010, 10:02 AM
We had a great experience at Teppan Edo in February. We will go back!