PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Worth 2?

DisneyFr33k
03-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Is Hoop Dee Doo worth 2 table service credits?

We're not an "all you can eat" family, so we won't be refilling our plates many times. However, the wine and beer we would! :beer: :wine: :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-28-2010, 02:25 PM
In terms of actual monetary value, then no, no 2 credit meal is actually "worth" the money.

BUT, we love HDD, it is so much more than the "all you can eat", the show is funny, really entertaining and a super fun time.

We've used 2 credits for HDD before, and will do so again.

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 02:39 PM
:ditto: I don't think any meal is worth 2 TS, but I think the show is definitely worth seeing! We usually just use our TS for breakfast that morning then pay OOP for HDDR that evening. It's a great show.

rhonary
03-28-2010, 03:15 PM
We did it for the first time last year...I wasnt that impressed with it...nothing bad...food was good...the show itself was OK...kids liked it more than we did ...but we sat upstairs and had to turn around to see the show and it was a little crowded at the tables and we're a family of five and were at 2 seperate tables tho they were next to each other. And nobody told us the shortcake was to share....I had mine 1/2 gone when we asked where my daghters and sons were!. Again it wasn't bad but we thought it ate up a little more of our time than we wanted. They tell you to get there early..we stood around for a 1/2 hr-45 min with no place to sit and it was drizzling...maybe that didn't start us on the right foot!

DisneyFr33k
03-28-2010, 05:03 PM
rhonary,
Thanks for your feedback. My DH was hesitant as it uses up 2 tables and the cost doesn't match (he's a optimizer). Not sure what we'll do. We welcome more feedback!

ElenitaB
03-28-2010, 09:19 PM
We haven't been in a few years but we all really enjoyed the show. And the food actually wasn't half bad (the fried chicken was really good and no, not signature dining two credits would normally get you, but good nonetheless).

kemps@wdw
03-28-2010, 10:15 PM
We've never actually done the dining plan w/the whole "credit" thing. But, if we did, we would ABSOLUTELY use the 2 credits for the HDD. This is one show we have NEVER missed in ALL our trips to the world. And it is still must as fun today as it was in 1980 when we first saw it!:thumbsup: Although, not a gourmet meal by any means, it's just good 'ole down home eats, and lots of it, (and refills on :beer: doesn't hurt either). We've also been lucky enough to get 2 of our family members in the show, and let me tell you, that in itself was a show!:D

Belster
03-30-2010, 05:49 PM
I am one of the few that will not be doing this show again. I would much rather use my 2 credits at 2 wonderful TS locations.

1DisneyNut
03-30-2010, 11:44 PM
If you already have the dining plan for your trip then yes it would be worth it, otherwise you would have to pay for the Hoop De Doo Revue and then you would still end up with an extra TS meal left over. Don't be fooled by the advertised "all you can drink beer and wine". The beer pictures are small as well as the wine glasses and the refills come slooowly. Basically you are only going to get two of the small pictures of beer and two or if you are really lucky three small glasses of wine. It is really not all you can drink, it is actually if you can drink two or three we will bring them. lol

TikiGoddess
04-01-2010, 08:31 PM
We're using 2 credits to see Hoop De Doo on our upcoming trip. And it worked out financially for us.

We're at the World for 4 nights, so we have 4 TS credits each (family of 2A and 2C).

One TS credit each will be used at San Angel Inn.
One TS credit each will be used at Akershus.
We also planned to eat at Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. CP costs $64 (w/o tax or tip) and CM costs $72 (w/o tax or tip). So that's a total of $136, or 2 TS.

Hoop de doo costs $173 or 2 TS. So we will pay out of pocket for CP and CM, and use the credits for HDD.

Kathy

jonahbear2006
04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
In terms of actual monetary value, then no, no 2 credit meal is actually "worth" the money.

BUT, we love HDD, it is so much more than the "all you can eat", the show is funny, really entertaining and a super fun time.

We've used 2 credits for HDD before, and will do so again.

I totally agree! We do not let this stop us though from doing 2 credit meals. we just pay out of pocket for anything 2 credits. We went to narcoosee's for dinner and the bill was $100 even, before tip,(2adults 4 kids) and I was convinced then to never use two credits for anything. Besides, this gets you a table service your morning of checkout left on your dining plan and that really helps my family ease ourselves out of "the world.":cloud9: