PDA

View Full Version : TRONORAIL here 2 stay?

plutosnana
03-28-2010, 08:29 AM
I heard about the TRONORAIL! Is it here to stay? I would like to ride on it someday. Thanks, Luv, plutosnana :pluto:

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 09:09 AM
There's been no announcement on how long the new paint job will be around, but I would assume it'll be around at least for a little while past the release of the new Tron movie.

PopPhan
03-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Don't expect TRONORAIL to be here indefinitely, BUT if there are not a lot of complaints about 'killing the magic,' you can probably expect the MK <<==>> EPCOT line to become a moving billboard as anyone driving along the line will have the opportunity to see it as well.

It is truly a wonder that it has taken this long to realize the monorails' potential as a mobile billboard.

Mousemates
03-28-2010, 10:05 AM
doubt its here to stay...for sooner or later there will be another movie to promote that can be "monorailed/tronorailed".

Goofy Pluto
03-28-2010, 10:10 PM
It's probably not here forever but probably at least into early next year. Tron Legacy doesn't come out until December but they are already advertising for it.

joelkfla
03-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Current plans are for it be on the beam for the rest of this year.

It's Monorail Coral that received the special wrap. The 2 sides are different: the left side of the train sports a greenish-blue light trail, while the right side has a sunburst yellow trail.

finaldynasty
03-29-2010, 09:59 PM
That is great insight! :mickey:

vws_and_disney
03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
It's funny i also thought about them not using the monorails as advertisments.

Goes4FastPass
03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
The Tronorail is just a 'skin' applied to one of the monorail trains.

Nothing is different inside the train.

but the 'skin' covers the windows meaning those riding the train (like we did last week) are looking through opaque plastic with jillions of tiny holes.

Can you see through it? Yes. Can you see nearly as well as you usually can when riding the monorail? No.

CaptSmee
03-31-2010, 11:25 PM
I think it looks pretty cool...:cool:

Mickey91
04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
I hope it isn't here to stay. And, I keep hoping Disney will get away from the obvious constant advertising. They have always been subtle about getting you to notice their product and enticing you to buy more and more. Their switch to such blatant advertising and greed is a major turn off. Such as the latest DVD releases being plastered on the front and back of the MNSSHP bags instead of it being a cool Halloween bag. It is disappointing that Disney can't be more imaginative than that.