PDA

View Full Version : August dining not busy?

jonahbear2006
03-28-2010, 02:26 AM
I had no trouble booking any of the restaurants I wanted and I am suprised bc I messed up and missed our 180 day out window by a month. Was able to get:

California grill fireworks time 900pm
Le cellier
Crystal Palace 800 am
and
even noticed that there was a Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast, for 6 people? isnt this kind of unheard of past the 180 day out window? are they not making their quota this year or are people still thinking its a 90 day out window still?? Just wondered because these are all restaurants that were extremely difficult to get into, for our family, in the past.

gerald72
03-28-2010, 07:16 AM
I had the same experience. Just yesterday, I made some ADRs for my week in august. I didn't make many, but those that I did make I got exactly what I asked for- not even a difference of five minutes.

retiredfigment
03-28-2010, 08:28 AM
I think alot of people will wait for free dining. Or personally, I wouldn't pay for a lot of these TS restuarants again. Since the DP, I think they have become overpriced and lower quality. I'll go with the CS plan next time.

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 09:10 AM
I agree that a lot of folks may be waiting for "free" dining, but it also seems many people are doing last minute bookings, so the number of folks booking ADRs 180 days out seems fewer. Even during more crowded times, where we've verified the crowds are up, people have been able to get ADRs that you used to not be able to get past the 180 day mark. I guess it pays to plan ahead.:mickey:

kakn7294
03-28-2010, 09:59 AM
I don't know but I haven't had any trouble either and I'm booking for a group of 9 - 10 people. I tried to book a tour last week and that's unavailable but I could have moved CRT breakfast to any other day to accomodate the tour if necessary. Seems strange to be able to still get ADRs for Cindy's at this date.

Carolanne
03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Many moons before the DDP, I used to go to WDW the last week of August & it seemed like the crowds were non-existent. It's been quite a few years since I've been to WDW during that week, so I can't say whether or not the crowds are still the same.

I stopped going the last week of August because I couldn't handle the heat anymore. Now I book for anytime during Sept to Nov. If I get free dining, it's a nice bonus.

ransam
03-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree that a lot of folks may be waiting for "free" dining, but it also seems many people are doing last minute bookings, so the number of folks booking ADRs 180 days out seems fewer. Even during more crowded times, where we've verified the crowds are up, people have been able to get ADRs that you used to not be able to get past the 180 day mark. I guess it pays to plan ahead.:mickey:

i didn't think they were doing free dining this year.

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
i didn't think they were doing free dining this year.

It hasn't been announced one way or the other. We should know within the next week or two. The spring special expired yesterday so we should see the next round, if there will be anything, soon. The current speculation (and that's all that is it) is that it will be "free" CS at values and "free" regular DDP at the moderates and deluxe resorts, which isn't a very good deal in either case.