PDA

View Full Version : What to do with all the pins?

coneygoil
03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
I've been a Disney pin collector for many years now. I have a pin book and 8 lanyards full of pins. This past trip back in October I started seriously trading pins and now have so many I don't know what to do with them! I don't like the pin books and whatnot at WDW, and they're awfully expensive. Does anyone have ideas one what to do with so many pins? I'd like to put most of them in a book since a lot are series pins. Also don't want to get bogged down with ten million lanyards...lol. Any ideas?

disneymom15
03-27-2010, 11:05 AM
What about putting them in "shadow box" picture frames. Do some picture matting around each pin. I saw some "shadow box frames" at our local craft store. Not sure if "shadow box" is the proper name. The frames that you put memories in.

SunnyLee
03-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I know how you feel about the pins! My husband lets me get them when we visit..but he does ask me: what are we gonna do w/ all these pins?

Well I like the shadow box idea..I made one of my wedding and since it was themed around Mickey and Minnie I put a couple M/M pins in the box. But that won't take care of the SEVERAL you say you have.

So I would get like bulletin board (that you can put push-pins in) and put up pictures of you and those you might go to Disney w/..and PIN the pictures onto the board WITH your Disney pins!!! Now I must warn you...it can get heavy..so make sure the bulletin board is up securely! ...hope this helps!!:mickey:

Lakin
03-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm really liking the above bulletin idea! If there was a certain event or person that you got a certain pin(s) from, then you could put that picture with that pin!

ILoveLegos
03-27-2010, 07:23 PM
I poke mine through an old lampshade (that is not on a lamp). Then I put the lampshade on furniture (a chest of drawers) in one of my guest bedrooms. The shade displays the pins nicely and can be rotated to display different pins easily. I always invite my guests to select a few pins as souveniers for themselves to comemorate their visit over my house. This makes room for my new acquisitions and make them happy to gain a favored pin or two!

:mickey:

AdventurerKim
03-27-2010, 08:52 PM
I have too many pins, but I do wear some to work on lapels or on jackets, especially holiday pins, one at a time. I keep them in one of the albums and take them when I want to wear them.

I like that lampshade idea! I also buy antenna toppers and put them on pipe cleaners/shenelles(sp?) and made bouquets of them in vases.