PDA

View Full Version : Resort Window/Door Decorating

coneygoil
03-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this post, but since it indirectly has to do with accomdation, I'll try here. My family is going to WDW in less than a month (YAY! :cloud9:) and this time I want to docorate the windows and doors of our rooms. I walked around and took pictures of all the decorating I saw last time (there was some pretty cool stuff in guests' windows!), but I wanted to see if anyone has some cool ideas for decorating.I thought of laminating pics from our last trip, but wasn't sure if that was a smart idea. Then I thought maybe just pics of favorite characters or movies? Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, please share :mickey:

In my dreams
03-27-2010, 10:45 AM
I loved seeing the windows decked out when I stayed at ASMu and Pop. At the time , some were decorated with Fall/Thanksgiving themes.
How about a spring theme, with a small potted flower or two. Then I would head to the nearest Walmart/KMart/etc and look for small inexpensive Disney toys,plush etc. I would definively get some clings because thats a cheap way to dress the glass window.

Emme&TeddysMommy
03-27-2010, 01:43 PM
We decorate our window every year. We always decorate according to the season. We go on-line and get coloring book pictures for Disney characters. Each member of the family colors a picture or two. I then cut them out and mount them on colored card stock. This way each member of the family feels like they have helped decorate the window. I don’t put personal pictures or our names on the window, I am just paranoid of people knowing my kids names (they are only toddlers). I love it when people get into putting a little Disney decorating touch on their windows! :thumbsup:

kakn7294
03-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Being Steeler fans, we always took Terrible Towels and window clingys to decorate the windows. Last year when DDs marching band went, we took our garden flag of the school's logo and her name and hung that in the window.

Dznygrl79
03-27-2010, 04:21 PM
I always find window clings and I bring little character figurines. I have also put my Disney Bear in the window!

Kathy Jetson
03-28-2010, 01:44 AM
We put window clings and hang lights in the windows we always go around Christmas or Halloween. Last year we hung Mickey head halloween lights I found at Wal-greens.