PDA

View Full Version : Tell me why I will love AS Sports

Joeybun
03-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Yay! Last minute trip April 19 for 4 nts! (girls trip) Staying at AS Sports which, honestly, was my last choice. Nothing else was available. I guess I'm not a huge fan of the theming. I wanted music, then movies, then Pop...this is my second time at value, first being POP, which was great! I've stayed at deluxe, mods, value, DVC, FW...all great!

SO, I know any trip to WDW is a good trip and I'm acting like a spoiled brat here. Can anyone tell me some positive stories? I have a preferred room location, but I don't know anything about it. Which buildings are those? Should I bother with special requests? Any tips for using the buses since we wont have a car?

First time with DDP too. Should be interesting.

:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-27-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm a big fan of Sports, but my family are sports fans in general. I really like the baseball pool, especially, and the big football field is a lot of fun.

It's all a matter of theming. Sports is no different than the other values so you'll enjoy it. Also, it's first picked up and first dropped off on the bus line when the All Stars have to share buses, which is very nice.

IMO, preferred rooms at Sports are a waste. They are in the surfing section, which is closest to the main pool and main building, but nothing is very far. Sports is fairly compact. We got a preferred room the first time we stayed there, but decided it wasn't worth it after that.

Joeybun
03-27-2010, 07:33 AM
That's good news about the bus line!

My only choice was to go with the preferred as that was all they had. C'est la vie.

disneymom15
03-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Did you book thru Magical Journeys? If not, I'd contact them, maybe they can get you the resort you want. They've done it for me once. I think they have a little more pull.