PDA

View Full Version : Garden Tea Room

jonahbear2006
03-27-2010, 02:28 AM
My girls are really wanting to do this with me during our upcoming trip. Does anyone have any idea what this experience is like, personally? Any choices that are just simply a must? And also, wondering why you have to call to book...there is no online feature that allows to book this online for some reason.

TheRustyScupper
03-27-2010, 05:30 AM
Does anyone have any idea what this experience is like, personally?
. . . quite
. . . relaxing
. . . sophisticated
. . . bonding

Any choices that are just simply a must?
. . . no MUST
. . . lots of choice to suit taste and budget

And also, wondering why you have to call to book
. . . too many requests
. . . it is special and takes manual handling
. . . limited seating, so phones are best

mickeys_princess_mom
03-27-2010, 08:50 AM
We've done this a few times, and you just reminded me to call and book it again. For me it's a peaceful, cool, relaxing break, and I love the "girliness" of it all. For just a little while we're Victorian and "civilized", as my friend said. Half the time I order the iced teas because we often go in the heat, and it feels so heavenly to cool down...:cloud9:

Fastpasssteve
04-08-2010, 09:14 PM
On our last trip down to the World, myself and two friends made reservations for Afternoon Tea and said we wanted the earliest time possible, so we would be hungry again before our dinner reservations. Disney Dining itself got a little confused, because we were waiting at the check-in desk with a few moms and little girls in costumes. Clearly, we had been given reservations for the Princess Tea Party which is NOT THE SAME AT ALL. Who was in my party, three males over 25...with a bunch of little girls in costumes...not good. We had a manager straighten it out and we had a good laugh over it. I don't think I would have looked good in a tiara.

tmosier
04-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Do it! Do it! My daughters and I LOVE having afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian!! It's a wonderful experience. Our favorite tea is the princess blend.... but I can't remember if that's the proper name for it or not. The strawberries and cream are alright. The tea sandwiches are hit or miss. Hope you and your daughters have a great time if you decide to do this!