PDA

View Full Version : Photo Web Sites

wilcat
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Just wondering which photo web site you use and why. I am thinking of using one to share photo's but don't know a lot about them. Are there fees to join or are they free? Can you crop or enhance the photo's on line? I think someone told me to use Facebook but I am a little hessitant as I have heard viruses, stalking and ID stealing run rampant on that site. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

DizNee143
03-26-2010, 03:12 PM
ive had facebook for 3 years now and have had no viruses..granted i dont become friends with people i dont know and never really click on any links or anything...you just gotta be smart!

i have also used photobucket...you can get a free account or upgrade to a paid account..most photo sharing websites are like that..you can sign up for free and get minimun features to use..but if you paid you get a bunch more things to use..
i have recently also started using snapfish..
all of them are good..
and all of them have the feature to crop and edit pics..you can even do some fun things with your pics!!

SallyMcQueen
03-26-2010, 05:37 PM
I use shutterfly. I think because a couple years ago my SIL signed up, shared some pictures with me, so I figured I'd sign up too. For the most part I like it. Its completely free, no option to upgrade. You can save a ridiculous number of pictures to each album you create (most of mine are either broken down by month or event), share pics with people via email or through your own shutterfly page, and you can create all sorts of projects with your pictures to purchase. SIL and I gather pictures of the grandkids each year and give my MIL a calendar of the pics for Christmas each year. You can also create photobooks, which is like scrapbooking without the mess, which I love.

It does take a little long to upload your photos, but I usually up load a ton (100+) at a time, because I forget to do it for months at a crack.