PDA

View Full Version : Ariel' Grotto

apequet
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I just read some where that Ariel's Grotto is being moved temporarily for construction and she will only be doing meet & greets as a human...no fin. Is this true? We are going early Dec 2010 and this is one thing my daughter didn't get to do on our last visit & she had her heart set on meeting Ariel with her fin on! I'm totally freaking out! :confused:

doombuggygal
03-26-2010, 08:57 AM
I have heard this as well and I think it is supposed to start sometime in May.

AXOAlum
03-26-2010, 10:11 AM
ACK! We are taking DD (turned 2 on Sunday) in May and this is just about the sole purpose of the trip!! Off to cry...:(

whitney37354
03-26-2010, 10:49 AM
DD doesn't know any better, so this isn't a big loss. However, I wanted to get a picture of DD with Ariel in the grotto for DD's birthday party invite---we're having an Ariel pool party! Oh well; I don't think there's much that could "ruin" this first family trip to WDW for us!

mjm12000
03-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I am like the biggest Ariel Fan.... and I have to say I have met her many times with her fin but never with her dress on and I have to say I would be so excited and now actually am excited that when I go in May as you mention she may be in her dress... If I had a child that was possibly going to be disapointed by the dress I would pre-empt it by telling my child that Ariel decided that as she was going to be meeting you that she felt she should dress up extra special... something like that

beksy
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
We met Ariel in human form in January and she has the most beautiful dress. It is my favorite of all the princess dresses. Plus I heard that Eric is going to be doing the meets with her which would be really cool if that happens. So, its not all bad but I can understand the disappointment.

homeschool mom
03-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I saw this same info. and I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ariel in her princess attire. On our last trip one of my DDs made the statement that she thinks Ariel should be dressed like a "human" instead of a mermaid since that's how the movie ends. Of course, my DDs are older - 18, 16 & 15.

However, I completely understand how a little girl may be disappointed not to see Ariel in her fin. My DDs may have been disappointed when they were little as well. :(

AXOAlum
03-26-2010, 03:38 PM
DD isn't old enough to understand - she'll be happy to see her regardless. We actually talked about eating at Akershus house so we could see her in her dress anyway. I'm sure we'll live!

Thanks for the info :mickey:

apequet
03-26-2010, 11:07 PM
What a bummer! She's old enough to understand and I don't think anything can actually ruin our trip, but I know she's going to be dissapointed. I asked her what she wanted to do on this trip that she didn't do the last one(which was alot!) and the only thing she said was meet Tiana from princess and the frog and see Ariel in her fin...darn!

So with this construction going on, does this mean that Fantasy Land is going to be a mess?