PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party

lizerbug
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
I just read about this (and saw some amazing pictures of the goodies) and I'm wondering if anyone knows when they will be having it again? I think it's seasonal, we're going in September and I would definately spend the money for it :thumbsup:

FriendsofMickey
03-25-2010, 05:29 PM
In the March new/rumors, it was stated that it was coming back and would most likely be available to book dates on Friday.
I would guess this too would only be so far out, but it is a good sign for October. :mickey:

We went last year and had a lot of fun. The desserts were great and it was great not to have to stand within hundreds. :D

One thing to know is that since you are off to the side, the fireworks are not centered to the castle from your view point. But they are still great to watch!

FriendsofMickey
03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Here's the link to Figments update:
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=168688
(hope it works).

lizerbug
03-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Ohhhhh I'm hungry already :blush:

mustBgoofy
03-25-2010, 10:45 PM
It is now available for booking. They will start the party March 28 at 9p.m. at Tomorrow Land Terrace Noodle Station. I got my reservations this afternoon!!!

2princess's daddy
03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
:mickey:Does anyone know if the Dessert Party can be booked online through Disney Dining or do you have to call??

Can't wait for the desserts!!!:cloud9:

kakn7294
03-26-2010, 08:32 AM
I can't find it online so I assume you have to call. I just called for an August reservation and was told it's only booking through May 31. When I asked when it will be available for booking beyond that date, I was told that it's currently only a trial and I shouldn't call back for at least a month to see if it opens beyond that date.

BigWes6
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
We just got our ressie for 4/29 ! Anyone who has already gone what time do they let people in ?

schmittscape2000
03-26-2010, 10:52 AM
you have to call for reservations because it is a pre pay event is 23.42 per person!

Kaszia
03-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Just booked for April 12th, our first night -- GREAT!!:magic::magic:

motherof4
03-26-2010, 12:08 PM
We went last Aug and it was great it was worth every penny we were up nice and close to see wishes and the desserts were to die for. I never seen nor ate so many sweets in one night. I really want to do it again hopefully they still have it when I go in aug

schmittscape2000
03-26-2010, 03:41 PM
how early do you need to arrive to get a good location!

Tinkerfreak
03-26-2010, 03:57 PM
I was going to book this but then Terrisue sent me the info and it has gone up to 27. and change per person! I just can't justify $60 for the two of us to have dessert and watch fireworks. If the view were right in front of the castle maybe I might consider it but that is alot of money. I was thinking it was around $17. and that wasn't too bad but $27 no way!

BigWes6
03-26-2010, 05:23 PM
The price we paid today was $23.42 including tax per person ... Deffinately worth a dessert spread like that :thumbsup:

mjaclyn
03-27-2010, 01:20 AM
I just made reservations for me, DH, DD 3yrs and DS 1yr. It came to $59 and you have to pay in advance over the phone. We went last year before we had to pay for DD and LOVED it. I wouldn't do it more than once per trip because it is expensive, but there are TONS of desserts. Everyone had more than enough time to eat, they were replenished frequently and we had a great view of Wishes.

Strmchsr
03-28-2010, 02:48 PM
how early do you need to arrive to get a good location!

You are allowed in beginning 1 hour before Wishes starts.

SleepinB
03-28-2010, 05:25 PM
I was going to book this but then Terrisue sent me the info and it has gone up to 27. and change per person! I just can't justify $60 for the two of us to have dessert and watch fireworks.

The price we paid today was $23.42 including tax per person

Just wanted to confirm BigWes6's numbers, we paid $46.84 incl. tax for the two of us for our May 7th reservations.

mjaclyn
03-29-2010, 12:19 AM
We have a reservation for May 3rd and paid $59 for two adults and one child.

DisneyDadfromPittsburgh
03-29-2010, 07:42 AM
What exactly is the Wishes Dessert Party and where on the WDW site can you find more information?

Strmchsr
03-29-2010, 08:22 AM
What exactly is the Wishes Dessert Party and where on the WDW site can you find more information?

It takes place at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace. Basically it's a dessert buffet with a great viewing location for Wishes. You can get in an hour before Wishes starts and stay 30 min after it ends. I don't know how good the actual view is as we haven't done it before, but I've heard great reviews so we're trying it out May 6. You call WDW-Dine to book it. Nothing on the WDW website but that's the basic info you need. Prices are listed in posts above. Currently the party only runs through May. No word on whether it will go any longer than that.

#1donaldfan
03-29-2010, 12:34 PM
You are allowed in beginning 1 hour before Wishes starts.

...one hour to eat every single dessert there, several times over, because to justify spending just under $ 100 for the five of us, is well, not gonna happen....just can't wrap my head around eating that many sweets .... I suppose we'll just take up our normal "spot" on mainstreet.....it's not hurt us yet.....:cool:

lizerbug
03-29-2010, 02:34 PM
If you'd like to find out more about it try a google search for the dessert party. Thaey have some amazing pictures of the goodies!!!!!

epceddie
03-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Tried to book for Sunday, May 2 (it's an evening EMH) and it was sold out. We were able to book it for the following Wednesday night and we can't wait to see what it's like. My wife loves creme brulee, so I hope they have enough on hand.

MGM4Ever
03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Just booked for our family on Saturday, May 22... interesting that when I called on Monday I was told the party was sold out, but then was told last night that it was open. Booked it as an extra-special surprise for the family so I'm hoping everyone enjoys!! :mickey:

jans2kids
03-31-2010, 01:09 PM
We tried to book for July 31st and were told that they were only accepting reservations through May and to just keep trying back to see when they open up for futre reservations.

mom2morgan
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Wow - I got kind of exicted about this thread, and wanted to see if there is anything similar at Dinseyland, where I'm going for the first time this summer. they have one for their Fantasmic show (since, unlike WDW, the vast masses don't get to SIT for Fantasmic) but the cost....yikes! It is $59 PER person. I'd do this one at WDW, but can't quite swallow the price for DLR....