PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat first day

steamboat52
03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
Our plane will land at 10 AM our first day. After arriving at AKV and checking in (I know official check in time is 4) I want to have as much Magic Kingdome time as possible on that first day. Fortunately MK is open late that night.

Since we are staying at AKV, but want to spend lots of time at MK, but also know we will be tired since we left early in the morning, where should we plan to eat that first day? I'd like a more relaxing meal than just a counter service meal. It will just be two adults, no children.

Any thoughts from seasoned travelers?

beksy
03-25-2010, 04:04 PM
I would plan on a TS meal somewhere on the monorail line, such as Kona Cafe or somewhere at the Grand Floridian, but plan on it for later in the day. Then you can grab a snack at the resort or in the MK and have some fun before having a relaxing meal. Planning it later in the day will cut down the stress of getting there from the airport, transportation to the park, checking in, etc. that always seems to take a little longer than planned when you have a ressie to make! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Ohana's is good

phlo8810
03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Since it's only two adults how bout splurging and go to narcoossees or citricos or California grill. If not artist point is good as is ohana.

ThanxForNoticin
03-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Since you are going to be at the AKV anyway, why not enjoy one of the 3 terrific restaurants there? Boma, Jiko, or the new Sanaa - all are excellent. Then you don't have to travel for dinner, and you can catch a bus right to the MK after dinner. Have a fun trip!

crltkcagle
03-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Ohanas! Nice relaxing meal and its really good! Get seats by the window and watch the fireworks!

ljgirl
03-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Sounds like the timing of the trip we just took! We decided to eat at Kona. The meal and service were fabulous. After dinner we hopped back on the monorail and went back to the MK! It was nice to get out of the park to eat!

svarhall07
03-25-2010, 11:20 PM
I have almost the exact same situation as you. My flights are arriving at noon, we are taking the magical express to our resort, and then immediately heading to magic kingdom to get as much time as possible. It will be 3 adults, and we wanted a meal we could escape for about an hour to relax (have a drink - there's no alcohol in MK) before going back to the park (its open until 1am). We decided on 'Ohana at 9:40pm. A boat ride to the Polynesian, a peaceful dinner, tropical drinks, Wishes will be going on during dinner so we won't be packed into the park but will hopefully see and hear the show from the restaurant, and then by the time we get back we're hoping some people have cleared out after the fireworks. I would also recommend California Grill or taking a boat to the Wilderness Lodge for Artist Point. Enjoy!

brad192
03-25-2010, 11:46 PM
If alcohol isn't an issue, why not try Tony's? I know a LOT of people aren't too thrilled with this restaurant, but i've never had a bad meal or service there, and I eat there a lot - it's my traditional "last meal" at the end of my vacation. Granted, it's not a 4 star place, but the food is pretty good, and i've always had great servers. Plus, it's IN the Magic Kingdom. No leaving the park & travel (however easy it is). Just my :twocents:.

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-26-2010, 10:45 AM
I say if you want "relaxing" I say eat an early dinner/late lunch at AKV at Boma's (since it's buffet, as soon as you sit down you can eat! no waiting for your food to come out). Then take the bus to MK and stay until they kick you out. If you get hungry in the late evening, grab something from a stand or CS.

May I suggest a funnel cake from the Sleepy Hallow? (now I'm hungry.... )

bruin1344
03-26-2010, 01:00 PM
My first choice would be to eat at one of the restaurants at AKV/AKL. I cant recommend any restaurants because I havent eaten at any of them.

I also like the suggestions to eat at one of the monorail resorts.