PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Hoop Dee Doo Review

DisneyFr33k
03-25-2010, 02:02 PM
How is the food?
Do you really get all you can drink beer/wine?
Where do you recommend sitting?
Any drawback to using the dining plan? Will it put you in worse seats?
How far out can you call to get ressies?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

DizneyRox
03-25-2010, 02:59 PM
I like the food, it's yummy... Not great OMG I've never had such good food in my life, but it's appetizing and plentiful.

If you can stand the taste of domestic beers and ehh wine, sure, it's all you can drink.

I've never had a bad seat. My favorite is probably up on the balcony as you aren't looking up over people the whole time. Others will say front and center. Really, with a couple exceptions, there's not a bad seat in the house.

It'll cost you two TS credits which doesn't make it a very good value. You're also limited to Cat 2 or Cat 3 seats, but as I said, there's hardly a bad seat in the house.

Seating is assigned based on how far out you call. First call will get "better" seats than a walk-up. I'm not sure on how early. We usually make them at the 180 day mark like everything else. I think it used to be two years, but that has probably changed...

BluewaterBrad
03-25-2010, 03:34 PM
A fun, rowdy show. Food was very good..... Ribs, chicken, etc. We sat in the balcony (my wife and I) Seats were good. Disney Rox nailed the rest very well. Yes, unlimited beer and wine. It made riding Mission Space during a.m. Magic Hours not too cool!! Oh, again the show was pretty cool......corny and rowdy! It was fun!:mickey:

beksy
03-25-2010, 04:00 PM
We love this show but make sure to allow plenty of time to get there since it always seems to take us longer than expected to get there (that campground area just confuses me :blush:). The food is good, down-home cooking that we enjoy and the show is corny and fun. We've gone twice and used the dining plan once. It may not be the best value but since we enjoy it, for us it is worth it. The first time we were front and center but the second time we were farther back which actually made it easier to enjoy the show. If you go to the 9:30 show, you can use the dining plan for first tier seating (we did this) but there really aren't any bad seats. You can call at 180 days just like other ADRs. Have fun! :mickey:

gerald72
03-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Seating with the dining plan is category 2 or 3. But I was able to get category 1 seating with the dining plan by taking the latest show. I assume that is still the case. Our table was front row center, touching the stage.
Tons of food. And it was good. Only wish I was hungrier.

DizneyRox
03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
A great way to get there is to take a boat from the Contemporary. I think it's the green line, they usually run two when we are there. One goes clockwise (Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge) and the other goes counter clockwise (Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, then Contemporary). Take whichever you have time for...

Pioneer Hall is about a 2 minute walk from the pier.

DisneyFr33k
03-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks everyone! We're definitely going to try it as my DH and DS want to do Disney Quest for an entire day and we can use the rest of the counter services from our dining plan on that!

A Big Kid
03-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Yes, it really was all the beer and wine you can drink. I had the headache to prove it. And I I heard the next day was, "I told you to stop."

CU Tiger
03-27-2010, 03:08 PM
We love the HDDR!! The show is fun and fried chicken is the best! You do not get wine, you get Sangrea. I usually order a pitcher of both. That way I do not run out while the show is going on and they are not serving!

kemps@wdw
03-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Ahhhh.the Hoop-Dee-Doo...LOVE IT! :cloud9:
The food is gool 'ol down home fried chicken, ribs, sides, and straw-strawberry-strawberry short-strawberry shortcake (you'll see)! All-you-can-drink, (be sure to order 2 for when they're not serving during parts of the show), a corny but fun & rowdy western vaudvile type show, (pretty much unchanged over the years but I still love it), and for the most part, not a bad seat in the house. Dining plan covers only C2 (back farther from stage), and C3 (balcony). We've seen this show EVERY trip we've made to the World, and have had every vantage point. All are good. The "Pioneer Hall Players" venture out into the crowd, and audience participation is a very big part of the show! Be sure to ask them if you want someone in your party to be in the show. They'll select 4 audience members to play different parts. I always reccomend this to everyone we know, and anyone that asks!:thumbsup: