PDA

View Full Version : I Won A Trip To Walt Disney World!

poeticeclipse
03-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Last week I entereted a contest on Twitter through Orbitz. You had to send in your best "Disney Travel Tip." I sent my tweet in with much hope and a lot of faith. Hoping that some pixie dust would fall on my family.

This morning, I casually was browsing through my Twitter feed and saw my Twitter name right next to Orbitz's. I WON!

If you visit Orbitz's blog you can read the announcement.

"Let's tell you what i've won!" *in game show host voice*

The winning tip: “WDW isn’t just for kids! Adults can enjoy golfing, spa time, fine dining, water sports, shopping, and behind the scenes tours!”

That one sweet tweet earned @stacey87:

airfare for four
7-night hotel stay in a Disney property
four 7-day Magic Your Way® theme park tickets with Park Hopper® AND Water Parks Fun & More options
$250 Disney gift certificate
admission to Cirque du Soleil® show for four
winner’s choice of spa treatment or round of golf

I called up my husband who started freaking out. He asked if we could take our moms and of course I said, "YES!" My mom is still at work so I can't tell her until she gets out. I have a feeling she will pass out (hardy har har if you've read my latest trip report).

I'll let you all know more details when I find out this afternoon. This could not have come at a better time. DH and I found out that we somehow OWE money back to the IRS even though we both have fairly low paying jobs. We've had a very rough past year in general and have been needing to get away together.

Dream do come true...

princessgirls
03-25-2010, 01:15 PM
AWESOME STACY!!

WOW...that is great!!

Congratulations!

Julie:mickey:

Tygger7
03-25-2010, 01:26 PM
I'm so happy for you!! What a wonderful prize! Congratulations and have a wonderful trip with your family...be sure and let us all know when you're going!

Maybe you can introduce your husband to that nice man over in France. :D

SBETigg
03-25-2010, 01:27 PM
How cool! So happy for you, Stacey. I hope you, Matt, and your moms have a truly awesome vacation together. Can't wait to hear which resort. Have they told you yet?

DizNee143
03-25-2010, 01:49 PM
that is awesome stacey!
Congrats!!:mickey:
send some of your goodluck this way!!
me and my hubby could really use some!

hoop de do
03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Congratulations

If for some reason the "Moms" can't go let me know, I'm available. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

cer
03-25-2010, 01:55 PM
A-MAZING! :mickey:

KylesMom
03-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Isn't that the coolest, Stacey?! Congratulations - I'm glad you & Matt can go together this time!!! Hey, let your mom know gently, would ya?! :mickey:

Mousefever
03-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Stacey! I'm so excited for you!!!! That is awesome! Now I know two people who have won trips to DW. My suggestion, go for the spa treatments! Keep us posted about plans.

Amy

Disney4us2
03-25-2010, 02:20 PM
:congrats: Stacey That is so exciting and I bet you are on :cloud9: Have a great trip.:mickey:

jodijo
03-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Wow, that is wonderful. Have a great trip :mickey:

faline
03-25-2010, 02:38 PM
What a wonderful surprise! Congrats! :mickey:

c&d
03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Congratulations.

gerald72
03-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Awesome. I saw one of the guys from wdwtoday mentioned your win on facebook.

poeticeclipse
03-25-2010, 03:42 PM
Awesome. I saw one of the guys from wdwtoday mentioned your win on facebook.

Yeah! :) We're buds! :) I love those guys.

Stacey! I'm so excited for you!!!! That is awesome! Now I know two people who have won trips to DW. My suggestion, go for the spa treatments! Keep us posted about plans.

Spa treatments! DEFINITELY! :)

Isn't that the coolest, Stacey?! Congratulations - I'm glad you & Matt can go together this time!!! Hey, let your mom know gently, would ya?! :mickey:

She JUST called me back and FLIPPED OUT. But, she flipped out even more when she caught on to the fact that she gets to go too! Haha! She can be so blonde sometimes!

that is awesome stacey!
Congrats!!:mickey:
send some of your goodluck this way!!
me and my hubby could really use some!

Awww... i'm hoping some of the pixie dust falls on you. No, not some... TONS! :)

HAHA! My husband is sizeable compared to that scrawny French boy. ;) He'd take him down.

poeticeclipse
03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Got off the phone with my mom... she must have gotten my voicemail because the conversation started with, "OH MY GOSH!"

She is a little blonde though and didn't catch on to the fact that SHE gets to go with us. :) Oh moms....

Also got off the phone with Orbitz! They said they were so excited for me when reading my e-mail that they got teary eyed. :)

I don't know details as far as the resort goes. It sounds like they try and put you in the highest that they can depending on availability. So, we'll see! :) It doesn't even matter to me. I'm so happy I don't have to pay anything! Haha!

Orbitz also asks that I do a write-up for their blog and share photos from the trip. Why OF COURSE! :) My area of expertise.

Nascfan
03-25-2010, 04:59 PM
That is awesome Stacey! Congrats! :mickey:

Disney Doll
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Great news!! Enjoy the free trip.

cer
03-25-2010, 06:04 PM

HAHA! Smarmy French guy, there is someone I'd like you to meet! :laughing:

January-2007
03-25-2010, 06:33 PM
:congrats:

RedSoxFan
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Congrats!! That is so awesome.:)

TiggeRia
03-25-2010, 08:30 PM
That' is so awesome!!!! Congrats!!! I love reading your trip reports, so I can't wait to read about what a great time you'll have! :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh, how wonderful!!!!!

TikiGoddess
03-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Congratulations Stacy! That's wonderful!!

Kathy

IloveDisney71
03-25-2010, 09:59 PM
Congrats! That is so awesome!:mickey:

ElenitaB
03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Stacey, that is just so awesome!

:minnie: :thumbsup: :mickey3:

brad192
03-26-2010, 12:43 AM
Did ya notice that green glow to the East? Well, that's me being VERY jealous in Ann Arbor. Seriously, WAY TOO COOL! Hope they put you up at a Deluxe, concierge...

Just keep an eye on your mom, we don't need any more trips to Celebration. ( I was teary-eyed when I read your day 5 report, at work, and had to explain to a coworker why I was crying).:blush:

I think I speak for all Intercotees when I say that we expect detailed trip reports & photos.:mickey:

Mousefever
03-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Did ya notice that green glow to the East? Well, that's me being VERY jealous in Ann Arbor. Seriously, WAY TOO COOL! Hope they put you up at a Deluxe, concierge...

Just keep an eye on your mom, we don't need any more trips to Celebration. ( I was teary-eyed when I read your day 5 report, at work, and had to explain to a coworker why I was crying).:blush:

I think I speak for all Intercotees when I say that we expect detailed trip reports & photos.:mickey:

And I'm sure there's no doubt we'll receive them! :mickey:

ShanPooh
03-26-2010, 03:54 AM
How incredible!
CONGRATULATIONS! :party:
Have a wonderful time!!!

murphy1
03-26-2010, 09:19 AM
That is so awesome, Stacey, very happy for you!!! I'll have to go check out your report, haven't been on a lot.

WDWFanatic
03-26-2010, 10:32 AM
That is so awesome! Can't wait to read all about your planning and trip!

poeticeclipse
03-26-2010, 03:03 PM

We're thinking deluxe as well! I did some searching and digging and found out that most if not all of sweepstakes/contest winners get put up at a deluxe. I've seen people get placed at the Poly, Yacht Club, and Grand Flo. We'd be happy with ANYTHING!

We do need a daybed though. It'd be odd for our moms to have to sleep in the same bed. :confused: I sent an e-mail to Orbitz last night with the dates we'd like, October 9-16, and gave them all of our names. I did mention that since we're taking our moms that a room with a daybed would be ideal.

They wrote me back and said that they have to talk to a Disney rep about the details and that we'd talk about booking sometime next week. I have to WAIT that long?! ;)

Hopefully we can add the dining plan without much hassle. :)

Now, what to do with that $250 gift card?! My husband and I would like to do the Epcot Seas Aqua Dive (or whatever its called) again... if not get SCUBA certified and do the one where you can go deep into the water. If we don't do that i'd like to go parasailing at the Contemporary. :) We aren't souvenier people but I wouldn't mind getting a few fun knick knacks I wouldn't normally buy. I have enough t-shirts... give me junk to clutter my house with! ;)

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! It's seriously so freakishly magical. I don't think i've touched the ground in over 24 hours.

forever a child
03-26-2010, 05:38 PM
:congrats: That is so exciting!:tink:

Kathy Jetson
03-26-2010, 10:48 PM
WOW!! Congrats! Have a great time.:cloud9:

Lacy
03-26-2010, 11:59 PM
Congrats Stacey! That is awesome. Can't wait for the trip report. So what was your best Disney travel tip?

pink
03-29-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm so jealous but so happy for you. That is amazing. That is such an amazing oppurtunity. I can't wait to read your trip reports! :mickey:

caryrae
03-31-2010, 10:00 AM
I am sure the Cinderella Suite in the Castle is available. lol

poeticeclipse
04-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to update everyone!

We found out we're staying at the Polynesian Resort from October 9-16. They have booked our flight and I think our resort has been booked as well.

We couldn't add the DDP to the package for whatever reason so we'll be doing 'Ohana OOP and I think maybe a few more. We'll probably be using that $250 gift card to pay for our food.

I also get a swedish massage at the Grand Floridian. We'll be seeing Cirque later that same night. They let me schedule all this how i'd like it to be. So awesome.

I'm (selfishly) hoping for a Club Level room because that would help us expense wise if we could use the concierge lounge for snacks and what not. I definitely will not complain if we're not in CL because.. i'm staying at my dream resort which is more than I could have ever imagined. We'd never be able to afford the Poly on our normal Disney budget so this is a true and honest blessing. :cloud9:

jodijo
04-13-2010, 10:57 AM
It sounds like a dream vacation!

Have a great trip :mickey:

FriendsofMickey
04-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Sounds so great! Congratulations!

divinedi
04-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Soooo jealous ;), but so very happy for you, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

dlpmikki
04-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Wonderful! Many congratulations! :mickey: