PDA

View Full Version : Change in Plans

jenperich
03-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Ooohhh...DH almost made me scream last night! I usually use a travel agent to plan our Disney trips...so planning this one all by myself is a little scary! So, when DH told me last night that we had a misunderstanding about the dates and that the wrong dates had been reserved - ARGHHHH!!!

So, now instead of staying 10 nights in BLT...we're staying 1 night at VWL, and the other 9 nights in BLT.

I have stayed a split stay at AKL and BWI, so I'm not afraid of doing it again. But, let me get it straight...we just check in our first night, then check out the first morning? And then when we get back to BLT that same day, we check in again? And, Disney will take care of our bags? Any help would be great!! Thanks!

DizneyRox
03-25-2010, 11:48 AM
Yep...

a. Check in
b. Check out
c. Have bags transferred
d. Check in
e. Wait until 4pm for your room
f. Enjoy the rest of your vacation

Tickets and dining plan kindof complicate that, it will go with each reservation (you have two).

jenperich
03-25-2010, 11:57 AM
When making dining reservations...which DVC reservation do I use? I'm so confused - this is my first DVC trip! :-) Also...now can we just have the dining plan for 9 nights to go on the second DVC reservation? Sorry for all of my questions, thanks for the help!

DizneyRox
03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Use your phone number, unless you need to take advantage of the 180+10 rule. I don't tie anything to my reservation number in case they change. If they are tied together and there's some mix up, I don't want dining cancelled.

If you do need to leverage the +10 rule, then the 180 day date goes by the check-in date. I'm not sure if you can reserve past your check-out date though, as I said, I don't tie my dining to my accomodations.

Dining and tickets would go with each reservation. Dining on the first reservation would expire the night you check into BLT. You can probably get tickets on your first reservation to last through the second one without an issue.

Seasonscraps
03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
For the first night, you can make an ADR 180 days before your arrival date.

For the balance of your vacation, you can make ADRs 180 days prior to your check in date at BLT.

You can purchase the dining plan for both reservations but note that the credits you receive for the AKL reservation will expire at midnight on the day you check out of AKL. You will get the rest of the credits when you check into BLT.

Did you ask to be put on the wait list for the BLT that one night? You may get lucky and not have to worry about switching resorts.

MinnieMommie
03-27-2010, 05:21 PM
When making dining reservations...which DVC reservation do I use? I'm so confused - this is my first DVC trip! :-) Also...now can we just have the dining plan for 9 nights to go on the second DVC reservation? Sorry for all of my questions, thanks for the help!

Your VWL and BLT reservations are technically separate reservations so you can have the DDP only for the BLT nights if you like.

It really won't be a hard change to make. On our last trip we could not get BLT for the first night (New Year's Day) so we stayed at BWV for the first night (and almost had to stay there again for last night of our reservation as well...another story) and then the next 9 nights at BLT. The change was so easy to make. No worries really!! :mickey: