PDA

View Full Version : 1st week in November

Kaps
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
Are the christmas decorations up and running in the beginning of November? Looking to go around the 1st week and I would like to see the lights.

andypooh
03-25-2010, 10:30 AM
we always go sometime between 11/1-11/14 and we have not seen christmas decorations. if we get there closer to the first we will see the halloween decorations for a day or two. I doubt you will see christmas stuff the first week of november.

Ruprect
03-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Not sure how it has been in recent years but in our November trip a few years ago they were putting up decorations in the second week and not a whole lot was completed and lit. That's one of the reasons I think we are going in the first week of December this year.

doombuggygal
03-25-2010, 10:59 AM
We go last week of Oct./first week of Nov. and there are always some Christmas decorations starting to go up. The last night of MNSSHP is usually Nov 1 so you won't see any up until after then but I can recall seeing decorations at DTD and the tree up at DHS last year.

VWL Mom
03-25-2010, 11:43 AM
We go last week of Oct./first week of Nov. and there are always some Christmas decorations starting to go up. The last night of MNSSHP is usually Nov 1 so you won't see any up until after then but I can recall seeing decorations at DTD and the tree up at DHS last year.

I agree. I have pics of my boys by the DHS tree last year. Also, the front of MK was decorated with pumpkins one day and poinsettias the next. Epcot tree was not done which was a bit disappointing since it normally is while we are there. Some of the hotel shops were also switched on the 2nd. I think the lights are getting pushed back further into the month each year though. We used to catch the 1st day of the Osbourne lights at DHS but no more.

KAT1811
03-27-2010, 09:47 AM

:ditto:

We were there last year from Halloween until the 18th of November and after MNSSHP ended they put up the Christmas decorations. We even got to see Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. It was amazing. I'm a little sad we are going to miss it this year.

03-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Most of the Xmas decor in MK will go up within the first week of November, weather permitting, however, the big tree and some of the Town Sq. decor does not go up until the first part of Dec., after the taping of the ABC Christmas Day parade. Last year it was supposed to be Dec. 6 but because of weather delays for the taping, it did not go up until the 8th or 9th.

Kaps
03-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Thank you for all your feed back hopefully we will get to see some of the decorations. Maybe will push back the trip a little further.

okw2006
03-29-2010, 03:32 PM
If you are flexible in your dates, it is worth delaying for a couple of weeks just to see the Osborne lights. They are fantastic!

vws_and_disney
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
We went the last week in October in 06 and they had some of the Osbourne lights up.