PDA

View Full Version : Rockin Roller Coaster

Karen5
03-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Is the rockin rollercoaster good for an 11 year old to go on? Thanks!!! :mickey:

faline
03-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Depends on the 11 year old. Is this someone who enjoys thrill rides? Or someone who would find it very frightening? If it won't frighten the child, an 11 year old should enjoy the ride!

deedeebee
03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
My DD11 loved it, other DD12 hated it. DD11 likes just about any ride, DD12 needs to work up to it. So the more cautious child may not love it.

Karen5
03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Thank You Everyone! :thumbsup:

B.R. Guest
03-24-2010, 09:34 PM
My DDs were 7 and 9 the last time we went on it (82 days until we do it again!) but they both loved it. My youngest is the thrill seeker but the oldest DD rode it twice. You'll be fine.

MickeyFanKY
03-25-2010, 09:47 AM
My DS rode it for the first time when he was 6, and LOVED it. When are going back again in 107 days :mickey: (he is now 11yrs old) and he can't wait to ride it.

Babe the Blue Ox
03-25-2010, 10:12 AM
My daughter first rode it at age 5 (yes, she is very tall for her age) and loved it.

I'd suggest asking your child to try it once and then leaving it up to them if they want to ride again.

MOJoe
03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
The first time i took my oldest son to ride it, he was so excited - until we got into the alley and he saw the cars blast into the tunnel. I'll never forget the terrified look in his eyes as he turned to me and said, "Dad. NO!" I insisted that we go ahead and get on, and told him that i was certain he would like it so much that he would want to ride again.

He was 12 at the time and liked thrill rides, so i was pretty sure he would enjoy Rockin Roller Coaster. I was right. As soon as we exited the ride he was grinning from ear to ear. "Can we ride again?" he asked. "I told you!" And we got right back in line.

#1donaldfan
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
....our DD was 6 when she first rode it.....she doesn't care much for it, and sometimes gives opposition to riding it....but she will ride on occasion...:mickey:

bruin1344
03-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Its more intense than Space Mountain but 12 years old should be fine.

BluewaterBrad
03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Gosh!! I wish I was 11 again!! When I was 35 I rode it 13 times in a row!! And that was almost 10 yrs ago!! He will love it!! Fast!!:mickey:

queenmom9497
03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Should not be a problem. Our young DD was ten on the first trip. She is now a big Aerosmith fan and cannot wait to do RNR on each trip. Cute story, dark ride, but not scary, great music. DH and DD sing each song as they travel through Southern California. I do not think your child will have a problem. Give it a try! :thumbsup:

Gaz10
03-27-2010, 04:13 AM
ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT....GET ON.
my son was 10 when he went on. He got off ,eyes watering, saying never again but he wants to go back this year...its only took him 2 years to get over it.:thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
03-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Again, depends on the child. A breif overview...Rocket boosted take-off that goes from 0-60 in 2.8 seconds, inversion directly from take-off, rips, drops, and a few barrell rolls thru the neon lighted "streets" of LA, all while being ROCKED by the greatest band EVER...what's not to like?:D

eandrsmom
03-28-2010, 10:08 PM
My daughter age 9, wanted to ride it on our last trip. Neither of us had ever been on it, so I agreed to ride with her. Just as we had gotten in the car, and strapped in, waiting to take off, she started getting cold feet, and started asking to get off the ride. At that point, it was too late to get off, and a second later the ride started. By the time the ride finished, she swore that it was the best ride she'd ever been on, and wanted to ride it again.

kimommy63
03-29-2010, 12:11 AM
:mickey: Depends on the kid. Mine loved it at 6 years old. But then when we went on the TOT he screamed bloody murder and was mad at me for hours! He kept saying, "I'm just a little kid! Why would you do that to me?" I felt like a criminal.

DisneyFr33k
03-29-2010, 05:53 AM
:mickey: Depends on the kid. Mine loved it at 6 years old. But then when we went on the TOT he screamed bloody murder and was mad at me for hours! He kept saying, "I'm just a little kid! Why would you do that to me?" I felt like a criminal.

Funny! When my son was 4, we went on everything - MIssion Space, Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Splash & Space Mtn. Now he won't go on anything but MS and Space Mtn! He says he hates tummy drops!

Beauty908
03-31-2010, 01:38 AM
This was probably in my top favorites!! I'm not a big fan of super big dips (aka Tower of Terror :( ) but Rockin Roller Coaster was literally a blast!! The scariest part is the take off and first loop, other than that, its easy sailing!

Darbylew
03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
My granddaughter first went on RRC when she
was 9 years old. She loved it so now it is the
first place she wants to go as we enter DS. I
really think it depends on the child and you have to make that call. TOT is another one of
my granddaughter's favorite rides. :D

RobinRocksDisney
04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I just took my 6 and 9 y/o daughters on it and they loved it (so did mom and dad!) it is truly awesome!