PDA

View Full Version : pm emh crowds around easter?

TwinniesNMeLoveWDW
03-24-2010, 07:52 PM
I was wondering how the crowds might be at MK for the pm emh on the Friday before Easter? I've had good experience with the MK emh before, and last August there were virtually no lines after midnight. We'll be arriving on 4/2 in the morning, and planning to relax at the resort all day and then hit MK at night, especially for the 12-3 am emh. I'm worried that even late, the crowds will be really bad. Anyone have any experience to share?

Touchdown
03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
I dont know about Easter but, on July 1st MK EMH was 12-3. After the first hour, if it wasn't a ride in Tomorrowland or Peter Pan's Flight it had a walk on. I was able to marathon BTMRR and go on Dumbo the Flying Elephant for the first time since I was a kid (Chip and Dale also rode with me but not in my Dumbo.)

BigRedDad
03-25-2010, 05:54 AM
It will be more crowded than you may think. WDW does not have a policy to properly check resort IDs. I do not condone this and neither does Intercot. However, you can get in with a resort key from years ago. They do not check the date or anything to insure you are a current resort guest. Personally, this new "system" is horrible. There is no policy to make non-resort guests leave the parks. This causes additional crowds at the stores, the food places that are open, and unnecessary crowds.

They need to revert back to the old practice of herding non-resort guests out of the parks during EMH.

MOJoe
03-25-2010, 12:01 PM
On several occasions my family has closed down the Magic Kingdom. It's one of the highlights of our trip. If you plan to stay till 3 a.m. you are virtually guaranteed to have no lines at any of the open attractions. It most likely will still be crowded till 1 or 2, but by the last hour of EMH the crowd at MK can be measured by the hundreds, not thousands. In other words, empty.

You must prepare by getting an afternoon nap, and make sure you ride the attractions that close for EMH earlier in the evening. Also, your next day will most likely be spent relaxing by the pool. But having MK to yourself for an hour or two is worth it. Priceless.