PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends

spectrum2100
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
This June my family and I will be visiting the parks. We are going to be there during Star Wars Weekends. I've never been to SWW. What are some of the things I can't miss?

Tygger7
03-24-2010, 10:48 AM
It's been a while since we went to SWW, but here are some things I wish I'd known:

-Get Fastpasses EARLY if you want autographs. They were gone within 15 minutes of park opening.
-SWW is ONLY on Fri, Sat, Sun...I mention this because we went on Sunday, thinking we could swing over later in the week and pick up more souvenirs. Wrong. We went back on Tuesday, and everything was gone. They put all the special SWW stuff away, so if you see something you want, get it. Same thing with characters...if there are special characters you want photos with, don't wait.
-Hopefully, they will be doing the "dance competition" again...if they do, DO NOT miss it.

That's all I can think of for now...but you'll love SWW.

KylesMom
03-24-2010, 10:51 AM
Our favorite activity is the photo opportunities that the character meet-and-greets provide. Over the years, we've gotten some truly unforgettable photos with DS and the non-celebrity characters. The parade is usually a good time, too. Although merchandise was somewhat lame last year, we also enjoy shopping for the combination Disney/Star Wars collectibles. Don't forget the Hyperspace Hoopla at the end of the day, held at the Star Tours Jedi Training Academy stage. If you are interested in the celebrity meet-and-greets, get there early. There is usually also a panel discussion with the celebrity guests and host where the audience can ask questions.

Wishing we were going to be there this year. Have a great time!:darth:

clausjo
03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
We enjoyed trading with the Jawas (sp?). My daughter and I were walking back from a bathroom stop and two Jawas were wandering around. A young boy said "they like to trade" and was upset that he didn't have anything to offer. My daughter walked up to one of them and offered up a napkin. They took it and gave her a Little People figure. She was so happy! We're thinking about making the drive up for a one day visit this year and the kids are already thinking about what they can trade with the Jawas.