PDA

View Full Version : 2 part question about Beach Club need answer by tomorrow!!!

stitch34
03-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a two part question regarding Beach Club we are going down there for May 8-18 and are booked right now at POR but was wondering if it is worth springing for a deluxe for an extra 1600...We only stayed at one other deluxe before and that was AKL which I loved but our party is to big for there...Also was wondering if and this is probably more important regarding the switch is there a counter service at beach club that accepts the dining plan for breakfast and what do they serve??? also could do Boarwalk but leaning towards Beach Club..

WelshieLover
03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
If you can swing the price difference comfortably then YES it is absolutely worth switching to the BC. Location, location location! The pool area is awesome! All the BW evening entertainment is also a short walk away. So many TS restaurants to choose from also.

As far as counter service goes - there is nothing like what you will find at POR. There is in the lobby a take out place that will take DDP counter service credits. Better yet a short walk over the the BW, there is a bakery that has great snack and CS items for breakfast.

PetefromRI
03-23-2010, 06:55 PM
That was our biggest complaint about the BC.We would love to go back if there was a real foodcourt.

TammiMcMan
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
"Worth" is very subjective. Location, room size, balcony, mini waterpark are all considerations, but I don't know how deep you have to dig for that extra $1600.

As previously answered, the deluxes do not have a food court. The BC does have the Marketplace, where you can get an egg/cheese sandwich, cereal, pastries, etc. in the morning. It's pretty convenient, but not a huge selection of grab-n-go items.

ThanxForNoticin
03-23-2010, 07:17 PM
We actually find the Marketplace at the Beach Club meets most of our counter service needs. They have baked goods and hot foods for breakfast and decent selections for a quick lunch. None of the deluxes will have food courts.

As for your chance to move up from POR to Beach Club? That is something we would jump at. BC is an amazing resort and location. If you spend time at the pool, Stormalong Bay is one of the coolest pools anywhere. And with the ability to walk or boat to EPCOT and DHS, it really reduces transportation concerns. Good luck with your choice and enjoy your trip!

MarkC
03-23-2010, 08:47 PM
If you can afford it-- yes. It is an awesome place to stay and will really help you enjoy your vacation. If you can't POR is also a great place. Only you can make the decision, but we stayed at POR 5 times in the past. Once we stayed at Beach Club we were hooked.

diz_girl
03-24-2010, 10:59 AM
I have stayed at neither, but if spending the extra $1,600 doesn't hurt your budget, then I'd go for it. You'll never know if you don't try. You can always go back to POR for your next visit if BC doesn't work out for you.

While none of the Deluxes have a foodcourt, each has a minimum of two TS restaurants, with at least one of those being open for breakfast. Each deluxe also has a CS restaurant.

But the BC has what POR doesn't, which is Stormalong Bay, a waterpark in itself, plus you are within walking distance of the dining options of the BW, Swan and Dolphin (people forget about those two) and EPCOT. Of course, I don't need to mention that it is a short walk to EPCOT and a slightly longer walk (or short boat ride) to DHS. That's why I like the monorail resorts so much, because there are so many more dining options available because of the close proximity of the other hotels and the MK.

Whatever your decision, have a great trip!

Jeff T
03-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I agree with many of the comments posted by the other members. I've stayed at both resorts and each provides a great Disney experience. Our family prefers the Beach Club primarily due to its close proximity to EPCOT, the Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios. The pool is second to none on the Disney property, and the food choices within walking distance or boat ride are numerous. Yes, you will not find a traditional Disney food court anywhere near the Beach Club, but the Market Place within the Beach Club has basic, quick breakfast items and groceries. Just beware - the Market Place is not a food court. If you prefer to dine at your resort for several meals during your stay and are expecting a food court, the Beach Club is not the place to stay.

You will have a wonderful time no matter what Disney resort you select. Pick the resort that matches your vacation habits and enjoy!

Jimminy
03-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Yes it is worth it if youo can do it.
As for quick serve, there is a small food area, more of snacky stuff, but you are with in walking distance of the boardwalk- The bakery itself is worth the walk. you also have hurricane hannahs next to the pool at BC for a counter service.

Joeybun
03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I guess that I am in the minority here. I have stayed at both and, obviously, they are both wonderful! But $1600 is a lot of money! No matter what your situation.

POR is beautiful! The themed pool "Ol' Man Island" is seriously nice. I think it compares nicely to Stormalong Bay. (Most people will disagree with this, JMHO) My kids would not have even known that we paid $$$ more for the BC. Not only that, you get to use the pool at POFQ, Doubloon Lagoon, which kids really love. Double the fun!

The food court at POR is really good. I love the theming in there! We stayed in September and also enjoyed the food court at POFQ. It's a short walk, or there is the boat to DD that stops there first.

If I had an extra $1600 to spare, I would be asking myself if I could (1) stay longer on this trip? or (2) go back to WDW on a second trip?

:mickey:

TammiMcMan
03-24-2010, 12:39 PM
If I had an extra $1600 to spare, I would be asking myself if I could (1) stay longer on this trip? or (2) go back to WDW on a second trip?Two very good options :thumbsup: .

TikiLounger
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Go for the Beach Club! We love everything about it...especially Stormalong Bay and the great location. You can't beat being that close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

tyandskyesmom
03-24-2010, 01:17 PM
While I'd love to stay at any of the Deluxes (we have only been to AKL and love it there!) everytime I get ready to book, I htink about worth and while the pools sound wonderful and the dining excellent and the extr space grand...we usually come back to how much of those are we really going to use and it is worth the extra cost. Even on our 2 week trips, we were not in our room or at our hotel much. Now, maybe that is becasue we stayed value and there was not that much to draw us there...maybe it was because we had the DDDP so we were busy eating...but usually, not always but usually, we decide as much as we'd like to stay deluxe, we decide for value bacause we are not there very much, we'd rather have good dining, we'd rather stay longer...

So, as really seen by your answers, it is really a personal choice of what worth means to you...

WelshieLover
03-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I find that because of the location we have spent more time at my resort when we stay at BC/YC or BW. Probably because our favorite park is EPCOT so for us going back to the resort is so easy. Last trip we stayed at BWV and the 2 trips before OKW. We rarely went back to OKW because of its location (location is close to POR). We loved OKW but when you think about the round-trip times spent on buses or your own car to get back, you just end up staying in the parks. When you can walk back from DHS or EPCOT to your resort then you most can fit in a quick pool break or whatever :marg: So in that way I do think some of the cost is justified. You will use the resort if it is right there.

stitch34
03-25-2010, 11:20 AM
Thank you everyone for the advice as long as numbers crunch out right it looks like we are going to make the switch i have a few more concerns before I choose all the way if you can answer my ny nexy question that would be great!

TammiMcMan
03-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Ask away :D .