PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate

Scrappy2
03-23-2010, 11:30 AM
We are planning a trip in December to see the parks at Christmas. It will just be me and my DH. Need help picking out a moderate hotel. We always stay at a Value because we have to get two rooms. This time will just be the two of us.

Which moderate do you like and why?

Thanks!

renecat
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Port Orleans French Quaters is a nice moderate. You can take a boat to downtown disney. The decor is very colorful. I have stayed at POFQ , CS, And CB like POFQ the best. Which ever you choose all are nice resorts. You'll love the decorations for Christmas if you have never been then.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
03-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Stayed at all and POFQ gets my vote as well. Although CS because of its amenities is very good. My wife and I find POFQ very quaint and romantic especially in the evening. Like CB the least but it was still good.

faline
03-23-2010, 12:23 PM
My two favorites are Port Orleans French Quarter and Coronado Springs. We've been able to have king beds in both locations. At Port Orleans, there is a small extra charge for a king bed room.

Amy_617
03-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Our favorite is Port Orleans Riverside in Magnolia Bend (the mansions)!!! It is so beautiful! Walking around the resort at night next to the river all lit up with flowers everywhere was so peaceful, beautiful and romantic!!! There are also several quite pools secluded and scattered around the resort. Just about everytime we got in one, we were the only ones in there the entire time! We also opt for a king size bed with a water view! So pretty! :cloud9: Oh, and don't forget the boat ride to DTD!! Very relaxing and serene!!

We have also stayed at CS, and visited CB and POFQ. We don't like the look of POFQ. Some people really enjoy the smaller layout of the resort, and if you don't want to walk much, this would be the place to stay....it just doesn't tickle our fancey! CS was very nice as well. It is a convention resort though, so you could at times so some conventioners. They usually try to keep those crowds in the casitas building so a room in the ranchos or cabanas wouldn't be bothered by them. Also, CS now has 2 queen beds in their rooms rather then the 2 doubles in the other resort...if that is important to you. CB looks like a very nice resort to. We have visited by never stayed. Looks quite laid back with hamocks on the beaches, and brightly colored building. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the mods. Hope you have a GREAT trip!! :mickey:

buzz2001
03-23-2010, 02:32 PM
CSR gets my vote!! They have the best decorations. CSR also is the only mod with queen beds and has been newly renovated. They have some deluxe amenities as well like a fitness center, spa, salon and dance club (only resort to have one).

goofygirl64
03-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Another vote for POFQ. My husband and I stayed there last September for the very first time and we loved it. As mentioned before it is very quaint, romantic, and we just liked the smaller size (compared to the other moderates). We LOVED the boat ride to Downtown Disney.

Genie1953
03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
Our favorite is Port Orleans Riverside in Magnolia Bend (the mansions)!!! It is so beautiful! Walking around the resort at night next to the river all lit up with flowers everywhere was so peaceful, beautiful and romantic!!! There are also several quite pools secluded and scattered around the resort. Just about everytime we got in one, we were the only ones in there the entire time! We also opt for a king size bed with a water view! So pretty! :cloud9: Oh, and don't forget the boat ride to DTD!! Very relaxing and serene!!

My sentiments exactly.....it is very romantic. We were there in 2005 (25th wedding anniversary) and are heading back in 17 days for our 30th anniversary. We love it there. The boat to DTD is fantastic. We are going to try to fit in a carriage ride this time. These are available at Port Orleans and from what I understand the route includes both Riverside and French Quarter. You won't go wrong if you choose Port Orleans Riverside.

finaldynasty
04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
My vote would be for CS!

mjm12000
04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
My favorite moderate is the Coronado Springs, I stayed there last May and loved it. I know it gets some iffy reviews due to its large size and conventioneers but honestly the conventioners are just people like any guest of the resorts, they don't take up any more room or make any more noise then any other person would. As a matter of fact there seems to be less kids at the Coronado Springs because of this so if you are going on an adult vacation I would for sure suggest the Coronado Springs. The theming is gentle and romantic with lovely fountains that sparkle at night and the Mayan temple pool is awesome. I would stay at the Coronado Springs on every trip if I had not just bought a DVC membership and who knows I might still use my points to stay there on occassion in the future as I truly think it is a beautiful resort that has a few more perks than the other moderates making it feel almost like a delux.

hurdlertwin
04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
I've never stayed there, but when we visited while touring the various resorts I really loved CS. It just takes your mind off of everything when you're there

Melanie
04-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Coronado Springs by far!

Darbylew
04-11-2010, 09:14 PM
My favorite is POFQ. I love this resort. I stay
there everytime I go to WDW. It is a great
place to stay. :number1:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MAY!!!!!!:D

#1donaldfan
04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
POR Riverside, in the AB section ..... it's just got such a relaxing feel to it....:thumbsup:

FriendsofMickey
04-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Out of the three that I have stayed: POFQ would get my vote. For all the reasons listed above. Very nice resort.

We are trying the CSR for the first in May, so I may change my mind. But at this time POFQ is definately my favorite.

Kaps
04-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Port Orleans riverside in the AB section. Real nice grounds and the food court is very good.

darthmacho
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm partial to Coronado Springs. I simply love the look and atmosphere of the place. To be honest though, I think you can't go wrong with a moderate, so no worries about picking one, since they are all good.

SuzieN
04-17-2010, 10:11 AM
My best advice to you would be to read info on all of them, look at lots of pictures, and choose the one that appeals to you most. My personal favorite is POR. It is a gorgeous resort with lush, beautiful grounds and very romantic theming - especially in the mansion section. Walking through that section at night when it is all lit up is simply breathtaking!! All of the mods seem to be themed well and we all have our own personal preferences so you need to check them out and decide for yourself. Happy planning!!!:mickey: