PDA

View Full Version : Disney Traveler Online Event

PopPhan
03-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Has anyone, besides me, signed up for this? I am curious what this will be. The real reason I signed up was for the free lithograph! :D

I realize that it is just an online sales 'trick' for DVC, but thought it might be interesting anyway.

I am signed up for tomorrow night at 7pm EDT.

laprana
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm signed up for 12:00 p.m. this Saturday! I'm sure it will just be a sales pitch, but I've never done one before so I thought I'd check it out. And I'm looking forward to the lithograph, too! :D

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Me three! We have ours tonight, and I'm just nosey ...

Dsnygirl
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm in, too... ours is 10:30am Saturday. I know it's just a DVC sales pitch, but the free lithograph is the draw for us. We already know we'd love to do DVC - maybe someday! ;)

Goofy4TheWorld
03-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Me three! We have ours tonight, and I'm just nosey ...

Me four, and I'm just being nosey too!

I am also curious about DVC, but don't think it is for me.

DVC2004
03-23-2010, 08:59 PM
No thanks. I signed up for the last one, I think it was in December, and I never got my free lithograph. Someone called to follow up once and had said it was on it's way but it never came. The webcast itself was just a DVC sales pitch.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
The site never would load, and in am online chat with a DVC rep, he admitted they were having "bandwidth issues". I just gave up after 25 minutes of "video loading".

Typical Disney IT.

diz_girl
03-24-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm signed up too. Tomorrow night at 8:30 p.m.

While I'm sure that it is a DVC pitch (and I am already a member), but I'm doing it to get another dose of Disney.

Goofy4TheWorld
03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I got a funny email from DVC apologizing for the lack of bandwidth:

Thank you for registering for the March 23 broadcast of our new online series "Disney Traveler." It was a big night in the Disney Vacation ClubŪ neighborhood, with all the makings of a grand Hollywood premiere. We had Mickey behind the camera, Donald on lights and Goofy managing the tech booth.

Okay, so maybe that was a bad call. In the world of animated comedy, Goofy is king. But when it comes to executing a high-tech online broadcast? Not so much.

You're among the audience members who may have experienced technical interruptions or difficulty entering the show. We're deeply sorry. So is Goofy, who has happily accepted a new role on the production staff (he's now in charge of snacks for the crew).

We're pleased to have added new show times to deliver the content you may have missed during our presentations. If you have not already rescheduled a show time, please join us for one of these special broadcasts of "Disney Traveler." To register now, click here or call 866-382-2742.

All of us at Disney Vacation Club apologize once again for the unforeseen technical difficulties and hope you're able to tune in for our "Disney Traveler" show. Rest assured, we'll keep an eye on the Goof.

The Disney Vacation Club Family

P.S. You'll receive a Disney Character Lithograph* for tuning in to any of the scheduled shows. And rest assured, Goofy will have nothing to do with the shipping process.

like2workout
03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
how do you sign up? thx!