PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic 1st or 2nd Show??

ali'sdad2003
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
I am sure it depends on the time of the year, we are looking to go Jan.2 -9 2011. What in general has your experience been going to the first or second showing of Fantasmic when there are 2 shows in 1 night? I am just curious on what others have seen. :mickey:

Thanks in advance for all great info.:thumbsup:

BigThunderFan
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
We were at the first show 1/24/10 and the crowd was normal, full arena, but not terrible. However when we came out the line for the second show was the worst I had ever seen. It was shoulder to shoulder across the street and back towards the entrance to the park.

I know typically it is recommended to go to the second show, but I have heard several others claim this too from January trips.

Use the Fantasmic! Dining Plan:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm told that 2nd shows are less crowded, my experience is that it doesn't really matter. they both are

jlmct52
03-22-2010, 09:35 PM
In my experience through the years, the 2nd show has always been less crowded. Of course, the one drawback is eveyone ends up heading for the exits at the same time.

It basically boils down to preference.

LoriMistress
03-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I would suggest the second showing because it seems to be less crowded.

Babe the Blue Ox
03-23-2010, 10:55 PM
We always go to the 2nd show. What I've found is the line for the first show starts forming about an hour or more before showtime. This leads to somewhat shorter lines for the popular rides.

Midway mania always seems to have a shorter line during Fantasmic, even to the point where you can ride it twice during the last half hour the park is open. Then, you can stroll into the Fantasmic stadium about 10 minutes before showtime and get a very good seat. During the summer months, the stadium is often barely half full for the 2nd show.

What I don't understand is people that purchase the dinner package and still have to show up 30-40 minutes before showtime just to sit in some of the least preferable seats in the stadium.

phillydan
03-24-2010, 08:55 PM
What I don't understand is people that purchase the dinner package and still have to show up 30-40 minutes before showtime just to sit in some of the least preferable seats in the stadium.

Been there, done that. I was extremely disappointed at the seating with the dinner package. Yes, you do gain some time back by not having to wait in the long line, but with so many people taking advantage of the package with the dining plan, you still have to show up early to get a decent spot in the reserved section. Last trip, we strolled in 15 min before start and we literally were in the very first seats where the floats come out. You have a poor viewing angle of the action at center stage and you can see backstage areas. Never again. If I want crowd avoidance, I will do the second show and get a better seat.