PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic and Rain

Disneyfirsttimer
03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
We are scheduled for Fantasmic on March 29. Right now the forecast is calling for rain. What happens if it rains? Are we simply out of luck?

Karyn

faline
03-22-2010, 12:15 PM
They will cancel this show if the weather is too bad for it to go forward.

Disneyfirsttimer
03-22-2010, 12:18 PM
We have the Fantasmic Dining Package. Will they honor the vouchers for another night?

twinboyz
03-22-2010, 01:53 PM
It rained during the one time we went to Fantasmic! It was a steady rain, but light. Everyone was wearing ponchos, but some left. I agree with faline... if the rain is too much, they will cancel it.

faline
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
We have the Fantasmic Dining Package. Will they honor the vouchers for another night?

I don't believe they will unless you make another Fantasmic dining reservation for another night, but, it doesn't hurt to ask!

Tygger7
03-22-2010, 01:59 PM

It is my understanding that the vouchers will NOT be honored for another night....in fact, if there are multiple showings of Fantasmic on the night you have the package, it's only good for the first showing.

EpcotChic23
03-22-2010, 02:34 PM
We were at a performance of Fantasmic it was light rain about 5 min before show time. The show began and the rain progress and got worse then all of a suddent the stage went black.....show canceled. So light rain the show goes on but understandably for the safty of the cast memebers performing it gets canceled when it gets heavier. My DH and I were drenched we got back to our hotel the POLY 40 min later not a drop of rain there. Got to love the FL weather.

Stu29573
03-22-2010, 02:41 PM
On a side note, when we were there last June it rained horribly for most of teh afternoon and early evening. Then it stopped and the shown went on as scheduled...except that the dragon seemed to malfunction. Instead of a large stream of fire, it simply "spat out" one small fire ball (about basketball size) That was it! I was so disappointed, but I think it might have been because of the earlier storms...:confused:

Disneyfirsttimer
03-22-2010, 03:07 PM
We are on the dining plan so would be eating dinner anyway, but having the show be cancelled and the vouchers not honored kind of stinks. It would bother me more if I was paying for the dinner (not on DDP) just to have the package. This is the only evening we are planning to be at HS. I hope the forecast changes which is very likely since it is over a week away.

Thanks.

badkitty
03-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Not sure how they could honor the vouchers on another night when there will be a whole new group of package folks. It seems it would be very hard to manage.

Altair
03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
It's not so much the rain, but lightning that will cancel the show. We sat through quite a steady rain for a performance, they even did the entire Pocohantis sequence. The show ended about 5 minutes early due to lightning in the area.:mickey:

CaptSmee
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
I've sat through several performances in the rain over the years. Never had them cancel it, but while 1 time it was a steady, light rain I've never experienced a heavy rainfall during it. I'd get a poncho if it's raining and go and enjoy it.:blush:

finaldynasty
03-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree with everything else that was stated. We saw the show last June and it rained on an off most of the show. The rain ranged from light to steady. They mentioned that the show might be cancelled because of inclement weather. One thing I thought was cool was that all of the toys that we bought held up very well even after getting wet.

ljgirl
03-23-2010, 11:06 AM
We were there last week and it rained during our Fantasmic performance. It was heavy before the show started and then went to a drizzle. They made an announcement that the show may be cancelled due to the weather but it went on. I think it is only cancelled if there is a heavy downpour or lightening.

We did not have ponchos and were soaked.It was not a good feeling!!

phillydan
03-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Sat through it in light rain once- no issues. Another time, there was no rain, but a crack of lighting - show canceled.