PDA

View Full Version : Thank you note ettiquette

alphamommy
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Yesterday, a friend hosted a party in my honor to wish me well as I begin my third round of cancer treatment. It was open to all moms of DD10's classmates, and about 20 people attended.

Much to my surprise, they presented me with a lovely plant, and most of the moms who were there (and some who weren't) gave me gift cards for restaurants, groceries, etc. It was very sweet! Everyone brought a dish to pass, and they all gave me good wishes and offered any help they can provide during my treatment and after.

Several moms were involved in planning the event, and they obviously will receive thank you notes. I also figured I'd send notes to those who brought gifts. Some moms who I don't know well attended, but didn't bring a gift. Should I send thank you notes to them as well?

I just can't believe how generous they were, and don't want to overlook anyone who should be thanked.

TIA!

SBETigg
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
That's so sweet! I wish you well, too.

I think you should send thank you notes to as many as you can, starting with the most important (the planners) and then the gifters, and then if you can manage (not necessary perhaps, but nice) the people who attended. I don't think anyone will be expecting it, so don't stress. They sound like true friends.

jillluvsdisney
03-22-2010, 11:52 AM
What a lovely idea. Send thank you notes to everyone. Good luck too!

pink
03-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, I think you should send notes to everyone. It doesn't have to be long for those who you don't know well but say something along the lines of: Thank you for joining me in my celebration. Your attendance meant a lot to me or something like that.

:mickey: