PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from QSDP to DDP

poeticeclipse
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
My husband and I may have free plane tickets to Orlando and we're tossing around the idea of going to WDW in the fall. I really want him to experience Food and Wine Festival. I'm not sure what day exactly the free dining promotion (given that it's offered) will end. I'd like to overlap free dining with F&WF if possible... like I did last year with my mom.

How it worked was we checked in on the 2nd to the last day that BASIC free dining was offered. We got free dining for the entire length of our stay. F&WF also started a day after we arrived. They seem to just barely overlap if you plan it right.

The trouble is, with the new 180 day window, we may not be able to book our ADRs until after the window has opened. Thus, giving us a huge disadvantage in getting what restaurants we want to enjoy. We want to make sure we get the overlap just right.

Now, if we don't book in time, and we decide to make our stay after BASIC free dining ends... what are the chances that they will over free QSDP? I know they did that last year. And it was basically right after the basic DDP promo ended.

Most likely we would be willing to upgrade from QSDP to basic DDP. Do they let you do this for an additional cost? Or are you stuck with QSDP?

I'm so puzzled.