PDA

View Full Version : places to eat outside of Disney

almccart
03-22-2010, 10:02 AM
We normally eat in Disney. I was just wanting to do something different this year. My family and I are going to eat outside of Disney one day. There will be 5 adults and 1 child (age 3). Any suggestions on where to go. I would like to keep it close to Disney. I was thinking no more than a 10-20 min drive.

btharvey
03-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Aside from "Downtown Disney" which is both inside and outside, depending on your point of view, there's also the "almost inside" Disney Rainforest Cafe just outside the Animal Kingdom gates. I can attest that it is in no way Disney-fied and represents any Rainforest Cafe there is around (very much like the one in Towson, Maryland, for example).

We never go outside Disney, so we never try to look for anything.

Tygger7
03-22-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't know exactly how far from WDW it is, but there is a Giordanno's (sp?) close by...my DD17 went with friends last spring break, and they ate there at least once. Mmmm..Chicago style pizza.....:pizza:

renecat
03-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Years ago I went with my sisters to Disney and we stayed at the double tree by downtown disney. We didn't have a car but if I remember we had several resturants to choose from within walking distance to our hotel. I Believe there was a TGI Fridays an olive garden and maybe an outback steakhouse. If you are going to have a car you could drive to downtown disney and look around in the hotel areas there.

Joannelet
03-22-2010, 02:49 PM
There is orlando ale house that is pretty close to downtown disney, there is also an area in orlando that has TONS of restaurants and the restaurants are sooo yummy. There is a museum there that is upside down (very memorable) so I am hoping that someone on here can say exactly what this area of Orlando is called..there is a tommy bahamas here, stores, and MANY restaurants. Very good and lots of fun.
Its also within the time frame of distance that you gave.

Joannelet
03-22-2010, 02:53 PM
K, I just did some research. the museum is called wonderworks that is upside down..its a really cool building...
The area that this building and the restaurants are in is on international drive. The address of the museum is 9067 International drive...so if you get into that area you will see all the restaurants.

iloveokw
03-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Moderately more upscale: Bahama Breeze

Casual: Sweet Tomatoes, Giordanos and Orlando Ale House.

The town of Celebration has quite a few restaurants.

;)

epceddie
03-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Bahama Breeze is very good, with excellent mixed drinks and great music. We also enjoy Romano's Macaroni Grill (which was packed with runners before the marathon in January) and Joe's Crab House, both of which are very close to the DTD exit. You go to the stop light at the interection in front of Goodings Plaza and take a left. Romano's and Joe's are about a half mile on the left.

Auroring Good Time
03-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Bahama Breeze is alot of fun with a band sometimes outside. Great drinks too.:marg:

We also love Joe's Crab Shack. Large portions and good food.

Dznygrl79
03-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Giordanno's has the best Chicago Style pizza
there are 2 Orlando locations I think ones on Turkey Lake Lane They deliver and are wonderful

Jimmy buffets at City Walk

And there is a British Pub on International Drive called Cricketers Arms

There is also a Buffalo Wild Wings on Intl Drive its a chain rest.

lettripp
03-23-2010, 06:22 PM
I am a BIG fan of the Orlando Ale house. Very affordable, especially if you like shrimp. If I remember right, there was a shrimp plate with about 24 shrimp for under $15 (may have been around 10 actually). Great also if you are trying to catch a game!

PETE FROM NYC
03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
There are a zillion restaurants on 92 right outside of the world, including many chains.
Go left, go right, take your pick.

IloveDisney71
03-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I am a BIG fan of the Orlando Ale house. Very affordable, especially if you like shrimp. If I remember right, there was a shrimp plate with about 24 shrimp for under $15 (may have been around 10 actually). Great also if you are trying to catch a game!

We like the Ale House too. I haven't eaten there in a few years but we orderded nachos and two of us barely made a dent in them. It was huge, cheap and tasty. :D