PDA

View Full Version : GAD Fastpass Times

Dream'nDisney
03-22-2010, 09:15 AM
Does anyone know if the GAD Fastpasses are available all day? We were thinking about going to a water park if one opened early on an early entry day and then going to one of the theme parks to obtain one of our GAD Fastpasses, say around 1:00 p.m. Is this possible, or do they stop handing those out at a particular time of day? Also, if we obtain our Fastpasses early in the morning, but decide to wait until evening to use them, can we? Just wondered if there was a time constraint on them. Thanks! :mickey:

MidnTPK
03-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Does anyone know if the GAD Fastpasses are available all day? We were thinking about going to a water park if one opened early on an early entry day and then going to one of the theme parks to obtain one of our GAD Fastpasses, say around 1:00 p.m. Is this possible, or do they stop handing those out at a particular time of day? Also, if we obtain our Fastpasses early in the morning, but decide to wait until evening to use them, can we? Just wondered if there was a time constraint on them. Thanks! :mickey:
From the footnotes of the FAQs:

Present voucher at applicable Theme Park ticket booth for Exchange Card. Participating attractions are subject to change. Valid theme park admission required. The number of Exchange Cards is limited and may not be available after 11 a.m. All Guests in your party must be present to receive the Exchange Card.

Even if all the regular FASTPASSes are gone, you can STILL get an immediate FASTPASS using your FASTPASS Exchange Card - usually there will be one kiosk left open for this purpose. In some cases, all the kiosks may be covered - in that case, please let the Cast Member at the entrance know and they should be able to get the FASTPASS for you. So there's no reason to get one early in the day for later use.

Dream'nDisney
03-22-2010, 04:33 PM
So if I read that correctly, as long as we get to the theme park before 11:00, we will be able to obtain our Fastpass Exchange card, but can wait to use it in the evening, correct?

MidnTPK
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
So if I read that correctly, as long as we get to the theme park before 11:00, we will be able to obtain our Fastpass Exchange card, but can wait to use it in the evening, correct?

That's how I'm understanding it...with a few caveats: there's no guarantee that the FastPass exchanges will be available at any time since the number distributed is limited. And I've read that you have to use the special FPs during regular park hours....not during evening EMHs.

TheRustyScupper
03-23-2010, 12:45 PM

1) Not exactly.
2) This is just a warning.
3) Exchange Cards could run out at any time.
4) Earlier or later.
5) Also, individual Fast Passes may not be available, even with the card.

EXAMPLE: Soarin' Fast Passes typically run out somewhere between 10:30am-11:30am daily, and are not available again that day. This can happen on any ride with a high Fast Pass demand on the day.

Dream'nDisney
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Well shucks! I guess we will have to get up early all four days to utilize all four of our Fastpass certificates. Oh well, I am an early bird anyway. I just thought it would be nice to let the kids sleep in a little more on this trip.

MidnTPK
03-23-2010, 01:33 PM
1) Not exactly.
2) This is just a warning.
3) Exchange Cards could run out at any time.
4) Earlier or later.
5) Also, individual Fast Passes may not be available, even with the card.

EXAMPLE: Soarin' Fast Passes typically run out somewhere between 10:30am-11:30am daily, and are not available again that day. This can happen on any ride with a high Fast Pass demand on the day.
Could you please elaborate on what you mean on point 5? I've read online (see below, though the quote is not from a WDW website) that one machine will always be open during regular operating hours for redemption of the special FastPasses.

The FASTPASS Exchange Card takes the form of a card that would be inserted into the FASTPASS kiosk instead of your park ticket, and would give you a FASTPASS with a Return Window that starts immediately. These cards do not give an unlimited number of FASTPASSes, however, and they are only good at the park at which you received the card and only up until the regular park close time at the end of the day in which you received it.
------------------------------------------
Even if all the regular FASTPASSes are gone, you can STILL get an immediate FASTPASS using your FASTPASS Exchange Card - usually there will be one kiosk left open for this purpose. In some cases, all the kiosks may be covered - in that case, please let the Cast Member at the entrance know and they should be able to get the FASTPASS for you.

I can personally testify to the fact that I saw these machines open when all other FastPasses had been distributed (but last year for the Birthday FastPass promotion). Are you saying that this is no longer the case?

Dream'nDisney
03-24-2010, 10:22 AM
Wow. That would be great if that were still true!! :mickey:

Dream'nDisney
05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Could you please elaborate on what you mean on point 5? I've read online (see below, though the quote is not from a WDW website) that one machine will always be open during regular operating hours for redemption of the special FastPasses.

I can personally testify to the fact that I saw these machines open when all other FastPasses had been distributed (but last year for the Birthday FastPass promotion). Are you saying that this is no longer the case?

Can anyone that has been to WDW recently confirm that this is the case? And what is the latest a GaD recipient has showed up to a park to redeem their voucher? Thank you!

timberho
05-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Yes, even after all the fast passes are gone for the day you can still redeem your GAD fast pass during any time during normal park hours.

For instance: you go to toy story mid way mania at noon, all fast passes have been gone since 11am. You can redeem one of your GAD FP credits for an immediate fast pass. There SHOULD be one machine open (without a cover over it) for this purpose. If for some reason there is not, ask the cast member in the area and they SHOULD be able to help you get one. If for some reason they say they can't, either ask for a manager or go to guest relations because that specific cast member just doesn't know the rules.

As far as the evening EMH goes, i'm not too sure about this one.

As far as getting a GAD FP voucher after the 11am time listed in the faq from disney. There has not been one single person who has reported being denied turning in their voucher after 11am. During easter week and 2 weeks prior when the parks were at peak capacity quite a few people reported turning in their vouchers around 4:30 in the afternoon without any problems.

Tick-Tock
05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
We just returned from WDW an hour ago and saw the GAD Fastpass machines available after the other machines were covered.

At Star Tours, the GAD FP machine was available, even though the FP line wasn't even open. The CMs sent us through the wheelchair line.

My DH and I agreed that the GAD FP was our favorite part of the trip. It was entirely awesome being able to pick up a FP and go right in!

MidnTPK
05-05-2010, 08:49 AM
We just returned from WDW an hour ago and saw the GAD Fastpass machines available after the other machines were covered.

At Star Tours, the GAD FP machine was available, even though the FP line wasn't even open. The CMs sent us through the wheelchair line.

My DH and I agreed that the GAD FP was our favorite part of the trip. It was entirely awesome being able to pick up a FP and go right in!

Can you provide detail about how many FPS were provided, and what the grouping of attractions was?

Was it:

Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid

Thanks!

timberho
05-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Magic Kingdom
Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
Daisy: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Stitch's Great Escape!
Epcot
Donald: Soarin', Test Track
Daisy: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom
Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug (*), Kali River Rapids
* - May not be available at all times

Dream'nDisney
05-05-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm sure this has been answered before, but do you get a FP to both the Donald attractions and the Daisy attractions per GaD FP?

timberho
05-05-2010, 04:13 PM
Yes. Even though they say you can get 2 to 4 fast passes per category, the magic number has been 3 per category for the entire year for the GAD FP run. So in theory each person will get 6 total fast passes per fast pass exchange card. 3 from the daisy category and 3 from the donald. :number1:

Tick-Tock
05-05-2010, 04:40 PM
At both DHS and AK we got 3 FPs for Donald attractions and 3 for Daisy attractions.

Timberho's listing for DHS and AK is correct (not to imply that the other parks' listings aren't correct too, just that we only had two vouchers and used them at DHS and AK).

phlo8810
05-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Can someone please tell me what a gad fastpass is? Am I missing something?

MidnTPK
05-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Can someone please tell me what a gad fastpass is? Am I missing something?
Instead of redeeming a Disney Give-A-Day volunteer day voucher for a park entrance ticket, you can choose to get a special Fast Pass voucher.

There are several threads about this. This is one of them (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=168486).

Dream'nDisney
05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes. Even though they say you can get 2 to 4 fast passes per category, the magic number has been 3 per category for the entire year for the GAD FP run. So in theory each person will get 6 total fast passes per fast pass exchange card. 3 from the daisy category and 3 from the donald. :number1:

That is awesome!

disneymom2000
05-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow so they are FastPassing the FastPass. This just gets more ridiculous. Soon the FastPass lines will be just as long as the regular lines. What is the accomplishment in this again????:confused:

timberho
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow so they are FastPassing the FastPass. This just gets more ridiculous. Soon the FastPass lines will be just as long as the regular lines. What is the accomplishment in this again????:confused:

This is an option for people who decided to donate their time to a charity as part of disneys give a day get a day program. Basically the program gives you a free ticket to the park of your choice if you decide to donate your time to a charity listed from their website(this program is over as the 1 million mark has been reached for volunteers). For people who have multi day tickets or annual passes a free day ticket is obviously of no value to them, so they are offering a free pin set or the give a day fast pass which is detailed in this post.

It in no way impacts the fast pass distribution times in any way. There is not a ton of these out there to begin with and even if there was a huge influx on one day disney has a cap at the amount they can give out per day per park. A cap which has never been hit. This is the same program they ran last year for the celebration promotion for people celebrating their birthdays.